New Years Security Resolutions

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Page42, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Anybody making any resolutions involving computer security?
    Gonna make an effort to back up your HD more often?
    Get rid of some of your security apps?
    Add a new one?
    Gonna change your passwords or get behind a router?
    Maybe strive to spend a little more time with the family instead of the computer?
    Let's hear about 'em!
    :D

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Moving over to Ubuntu gradually.... also may be buying a MacBook..depends upon budget... and may be moving away from all this stuff( expect to marry:) and she will sure consider all this her personal enemy :D ) ... all by Allah,s will.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The only time I lost a hard drive and all the data was because of the back up software i was using, so I won't be using that anymore and my security software has never let me down so I guess no resolutions concerning security.
    bigc

4. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

You can't ride two horses, nor draw two bows!

5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I've been wanting to build my own live CD using Windows and a few other ideas I've been thinking about, just to see if it will work. As for my normal setup, nothing will change.

Beyond that, the only other computer related change I want to make is to spend a lot less time at forums and get back to doing the things that matter.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi aigle, well there's quite a lot in linux that can keep you busy, time permitting. Congrats and good luck!

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks.There is actually lot n lot to do but the forecast is tellimg me less n less time. Let,s wait n see.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmm.... are you sure? It depends!

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

My 2010 Security Resolutions

I'm going to keep refining my security set up. That doesn't mean I will mix and match a bunch of applications. I might keep exactly what I have running now. Maybe I'll change the settings or migrate to a newer version... I still have to install the latest ZAP, for instance.

Other than that, from a security standpoint, I am going to continue to keep a sharp eye out in this great forum for the members who are the wisest, and pay careful attention to what they have to say. The wisest ones aren't always the most technically skilled, just as the ones who like to use the big words and argue until they are blue in the face aren't necessarily the ones who really have very much useful, practical knowledge to impart.

I think I will also endeavor to learn about wireless security. So far as computers go, I live in a tethered world. I'll make 2010 the year I learn to branch out.

Happy New Years, and I hope everyone keeps their resolutions.

:D

10. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

Renew my Prevx license. Maybe change MSE to Avast 5. But I probably will keep MSE instead of Avast 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.