New W7 Laptop

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Larry38, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry38

Larry38 Registered Member

Hi. Been awhile.

I purchased a new Toshiba Laptop running W7 Home Premium 64 Bit, about a month ago. I am currently running the following Security programs. SpywareBlaster, MBAM Premium, Avast Free, Windows Firewall with SPHINX W7 controller, free version. Also MVPS Hosts File. I also have MSE and SAS on board as on demand scanners. I also have all my Restore and Troubleshooting DVDs made. I have been waiting for OA to release the completed version for 64 Bit.

Last week I won a License for one year from ESET, at another security forum. Thought I might try it, since it is free. I need to know what to remove and how to go about installing ESET so as not to have any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have gone from a 7 year old WXP to this W7 System so I'm new to this.

Larry

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Eset what version? If Eset Smart Security, you wont need Sphinx, Avast & MSE. Disable MBAM from scanning while installing ESS and use the latest version.

3. Larry38

That would be Eset Smart Security. Is it easy to install? I do banking and such on my WXP Desktop, and since it is getting old, I want to lock down my laptop, so I can use it also.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think it is easy to install :)

5. Larry38

Thank You.:)

6. Larry38

I removed avast, Sphinx and MSE. Shut down MBAM and installed ESET Smart Security Version 4.2.40 seems to be running fine. One problem, I can't turn MBAM back on. Does it not work with ESET?

Going to bed now.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

8. Larry38

Not getting any error message. I posted this on MBAM, maybe they can give me some advice.

9. Larry38

FYI, just in case anyone else runs across this problem. MBAM had me do a clean install with ESS AS and AV turned off during install, then turn the AS and AV back on , now they are working together like old friends.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.