New Vpn Service

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by badjoey, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badjoey

badjoey Registered Member

hi guys i have been using this new service for the last month and am actually surprised nobody on here has found it yet.the service is in beta so they are giving out free test accounts for people to try.
    the service offers a single hop vpn,a double hop and get this a quaddruple hop service.the single hop is really fast and the double hop is about the same spped as xerobank,the quad is a bit slower obviously but is great for ultimate security.
    anyways you should all be checking this out,even the xerobank lovers.
    the site is http://www.anonymator.cc/
    also i dont know how many more test accounts they are giving out cause they have already been doing it for a month but at the time i am writing this they are still offering it.

2. blatnoy

blatnoy Registered Member

Damn thanks for the link man. I am definitely going to try out their free trial. The Quad service is One europe + 3 TOR servers so I'm sure its pretty slow but I could be wrong. Their site is probably the best one I've ever seen with the videos and graphics. I couldn't get one of the videos to work but it could be my system. They have a Japanese server, Servers in Malaysia and Panama. It also says European server but I didn't see where in Europe it was. Clue me man.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Yet another privacy service you've talked about with videos. I couldn't find them on that other providers site and I can't find them on this providers site. Are you hallucinating or am I going blind?

4. blatnoy

LoL There are two videos on the homepage.

http://www.anonymator.cc/v1/index.html

http://www.anonymator.cc/v2/index.html <- That is the video that wouldn't load for me but finally it did.

But yeah man maybe you should stop by your local optometrist.
    :eek:

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Will consider! :oops:

6. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

*But isn't that the problem with social engineering scams. :D

*No inference to anonymator.com*

These VPN services seem to be popping out of the woodwork. Those seeking a deeper level of privacy could be just the one's giving theirs away far too easily.

Their About Us page doesn't leave you with the feeling that theyre professionals in charge of your internet connection.

I'd prefer to know their names and know what they've done within the industry before I trust them with my privacy. Thats what you get with most legitimate vendors.

Anyway. Just thinking out loud. :isay:

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  7. blatnoy

I actually couldn't agree more. Although their service could be the real deal I'll have to try it out before I get to excited.

8. blatnoy

Ok I got a free account with this service and at first glance this is perhaps the coolest VPN interface I've ever seen. I connected with the SOLO service and did an ip check and got an IP in Japan. Next I went to the DUO and got a German IP. Both of these were equally fast. No problems at all. Now when I connected to the QUADRO service surprisingly speed was not the issue. I cannot do any google searches!!?! i get this message

"We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.

If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Google Web Search Help Center.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google."

I am NOT a technical expert so I will wait before I freak out about this but if someone could give me some advice with this that would be great. I am using Chrome as a browser. I am going to contact their technical support and try Firefox out to see if this issue can be fixed. This thing seems almost TOO polished as Keyboard Commando eluded to. I am also going to try hooking back up to SOLO and DUO to see if this problem occurs still. Again any advice would be appreciated!!!!!

9. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

#

hi m8 i am also getting the google prob on quadro and i tested all three on xerobanks checker on there site

results was on solo was a japan ip addy

on duo it was german and xerobank said risk on most stuff

on quadro it says
    status anonymous
    country germany
    tor network
    excit ip undetermined
    network policy may log
    legal risk low
    political low
    traffic injection risk fix
    data retention neutralised

speeds are very excellent on duo and quadro but slower on solo i think that may be because of distance from uk to japan but not sure

another thing do you know how long the trial is for because they have not said

10. blatnoy

Well just to be fair I haven't had any VPN I have used come up as safe on the Xerobank Anonymity Checker....other than the Xerobank connection. I wasn't told how long the free trial would be either. It could be a really sophisticated malware or something I dunno. The google 403 thing is kind of worrisome. Although I didn't get it in Opera Browser or FireFox. But strange thing is In both of those browsers my only language options were Google japan and Google Germany ?!? I emailed the staff of the site to get my free trial and in my message I asked if there was a members forum. They replied that they are currently working on a users section.

Also what Browser are you using?

I like to use this check because it list the hosting ISP name.

http://www.ip-adress.com/

For SOLO it lists as IP Address Location: Nagano in Japan
    ISP of this IP: Tsukaeru.net, Web Hosting Company, Japan. I haven't had a response from the staff yet about this bug. I will update if I do.

11. geazer40

i think it is a good sign if you type google that it shows the language of the country you are using

i am using firefox but it did not happen all the time so will wait on your responce from them

12. markoman

markoman Registered Member

This VPN service takes care of changing user-agent and accepted languages, which gives you more anonimity, since all users using this service will seem to have the same browser, but gets quite annoying when you can google only in languages you don't speak.

About the issue with google not letting you do your searches when using "quadro", is because you are coming out from a TOR node, which are often blacklisted on google and other sites. Try to disconnect and reconnect, and hope you will pick a non-blacklisted node this time.

What bug are you referring to?

13. geazer40

thanks m8 thats answers why it only happens sometimes i did notice from there website and also i can see this happening on the quadro the whole ip addy changes every 5 mins or so what do you think on that is it good or bad

14. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

According to the site, the "QUADRO" service is a single hop VPN that is then chained to the Tor network. :( By definition, you would get faster and higher anonymity by just using TorVM or JanusVM, which are free:

1. (1-hop VPN + 3 hops Tor) vs (3 hops Tor)... (3 hops Tor) == Less hops = less latency = faster speed
    2. QUADRO shares your trusted plaintext with 2 entities (The VPN AND the Tor exit node) instead of just 1 (The VPN OR the Tor exit node). The more people you have to trust, the riskier your data integrity is.
    3. Mixing data exposure to >1 links in a chain has only the strength of the weakest link in the chain if they have plaintext access. That means the maximal privacy strength you get is no higher than the free Tor exit node, presuming the VPN operator has a higher integrity than a Tor exit node, and if they have a lower integrity than that is much worse (but that is unstudied at this time. typically VPNs will have higher integrity that Tor).

15. geazer40

so if i use just jondos on there pay plan that would be better ?

16. SteveTX

Yes and no. Jodonym's implementation is not VPN, meaning it is browser-only. This is heavily open to side-channel attacks to defeat / leak. However, Jondonym's network is significantly better because only trusted entities have plaintext access.

Also, depending on your point of view, there may be an ethical issue because anonymaTor is going to be charging money but relying on the free Tor network.

17. geazer40

ok thanks

18. blatnoy

Well you answered my question so I guess it really isn't a "bug" but I was only getting the error 403 when using the Chrome browser. Also I have noticed that it does sometimes give error 403 when in SOLO or DUO if you do a search from google.com but if you do a search in the Chrome address bar it goes through fine. From what I understand the SOLO service is not a tor node so it should not be getting error 403 according to the diagnoses that it comes from a tor node. I just hope it isn't some trojan or something loggin my google searches. I haven't checked mt email but I will post if the admin from the site lets me know any more info about this situation.

19. blatnoy

I have to agree with you on that. I got on the "QUADRO" service not thinking about it and was trying to see what kind of speeds I could pull down on Utorrent, then I realized man I shouldn't be using Tor for P2P. I would be more interested in learning about their "Offshore" servers in Malaysia and Panama. They are asking a poll on there site for where the next server should be(Russia is leading the way) so it seems they will be adding more server locations.

20. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

I'm having a really hard time just loading their web page...

21. SteveTX

Wow. I was just checking out their site. You are right:

1. Their website seems to be hosted on the same server as their VPN, in malaysia. heh.
    2. Judging by their uplink... they may just be resellers of Piradius VPN...

22. geazer40

had a reply they say trial is one month just waiting on email back on which country they will use for there lite version

23. markoman

markoman Registered Member

This is interesting. Looks like Piradius (which I didn't know) sells internet connectivity and VPN solution, and they have just entered the privacy market. Good and bad: Good: they have technical knowledge about TLC and VPN (I suppose); bad: they might not have any knowledge in privacy subjects...

mmmmh... I will have to think about it.

Also, I don't get how they could have their website hosted on one of their VPN nodes... sounds scary.

24. geazer40

ok got a responce about data retention laws and reply was

Our European server absolutely do not have log files and data connection have a very strong encryption.
    It doesn't matter data retention laws

so not sure what to make of that

25. SteveTX

They may not have log files, but their upstream provider is logging all communication sessions of their traffic 100% in the EU due to the EDRD, so it doesn't matter what they are or are not doing themselves. I guess nobody told them... This may be a good example of the typical fly-by-night vpn service that sets up shop but has no idea what they are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.