New virus? No response from Eset

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Culvin, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Culvin

Culvin Registered Member

I checked out a file from a suspicious link and it was flagged by heuristics. I've sent it in to sample@eset.com the last couple weeks but haven't gotten a response from them. Should I just keep trying or what?

Image taken from http://www.virustotal.com/

Attached Files:

2. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

The good thing is its been detected by Advanced Heuristics anyway and am sure it will be added by defs. May be worth sending in again.

Cheers

Jlo

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

You don't have to submit files that are detected heuristically by VirusTotal or Jotti's, they are automatically submitted to the appropriate vendors. Same with files that are detected by definition by one or more AV's and missed by another AV, the AV that missed will be sent a copy of the file. It is good of you to submit the file though, but it is not needed.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you were using the beta, it is likely it would have detected it as a variant of a particular threat and not as a NewHeur_PE virus.

5. Culvin

Culvin Registered Member

It looks likes it's a new virus after all. Kaspersky probably got it from either VirusTotal or Jotti's since I've submitted it to both. I've emailed Eset the virus once a week for the past three weeks, so I won't bother them anymore. I'm just not sure why they haven't added the definition or responded to me. Heuristics are nice, but that leaves a level of uncertainty...

Attached Files:

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent an email to Eset asking for someone to take a look at this thread.

Cheers :D

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's been said here several times - signatures are picked up on a per-need basis, but we're going to look at it anyway. For us it's more important to add signatures for threats that are not detected by heuristics than focus on not prevalent threats detected by heuristics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.