New version: F-Prot beta 6.0.5.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Lordman, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordman

Lordman Registered Member

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks to both for the update and since the other thread linked to is about fprot v4 proactive results....we'll continue this thread concerning this newer version and topic.

Bubba

4. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

Ages in beta stage and years without new versions...It's so cool,Frisk:rolleyes:
    BTW,what about incremental updates?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  5. jodu

jodu Registered Member

I never tried version 3.16, and, it isn´t the first i see people complaining about years without new versions, bad results in AV tests ..., but i must say, that I am very well impressed with this new version.
    Version 6.0 supports incremental updates, (I upgraded from version 6.0.44 to 6.050 via automatic updates without any problems).
    It is more stable than some other AV's, although it is still in beta...

6. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

where can i find the change log for the new beta version..

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Its not their yet but it will be found posted in the Beta section under release history...:cool:

8. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

thanks.i checked there first and didnt see eighther.

9. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Ok here is something I must be missing, I have this ritualistic habit of renaming Start menu entries to my liking, ie. Short name and only one folder level, it really bothers me. So far with every beta version of Fprot 6 after I rename it and do a right click scan it re-installs the start menu entries and then puts an icon on my desktop even though I tell it not to while installing.

What I am getting at is where is this option to disable this, I understand this a self protection mechanism of some kind but can this be disabled? It gets really annoying having it install another entry in the start menu every time.

I guess I could do the install without the desktop icon and the start menu entries and do them manually after install. Seems sort of a pain though.

I can't be the only one who noticed this...

//EDIT//
    Added a couple screens, and no eTrust is not installed, it is just a left over menu entry in that image.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  10. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Well I received a response from F-Prot they are aware of the issue and it will be reportedo_O I assume they mean looked into.

11. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I can not find the release notes of this version.

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It seems the webmaster has forgotten to update the release notes. I guess Vista support or even x64 may have been added.

13. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I give F-Prot a big :thumb: in every area but webpage updating. It's fairly common to see webpage updates a day or two behind...:rolleyes: :D

14. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

That is true and i do agree with you. However ( there is always a However :D ) there will be most likely also some news in a short time. One of the news has to do with suggestions from one member here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=30441

So again thanks for all suggestions, we sure do appreciate that and actually we already started to do something to make it happen :D

And i also use the opportunity here to say thanks to all emails from several members here but it was impossible for me to answer all emails - i had to put up my office xmas tree and other "very important" things, so there was not much time left :p

15. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Not to worry, I wouldn't leave a great product because the webpage seems a bit slow to update. I had a hunch you folks had solutions just around the bend...:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.