New Version 3 installation will not update...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HAN, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Installed version 3 on both PCs at home today. One went ok very early but the 2nd one cannot update. I'm stuck on database 2740, which is what came with build 621.

I don't believe it the PC or the installation because all is fine but the update. It gets all the way to 8014 KB and then fails. After reading several other update failure threads over the last few days, it seems that there is definitely something wrong with the update servers.

Both of these PCs are on very slow dialup and an 8MB download takes over an hour. As you can imagine, trying to download this file over and over is torture when it doesn't work.

Please Eset! :( Look into these update issues. Something is not the way it's supposed to be... o_O

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Follow up...

I tried again very early this morning o_O and the update finally completed. :D I noted that the update version had changed to 2767. Perhaps the change from 2766 was what made the difference??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.