New User Questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jimmie123, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmie123

jimmie123 Registered Member

I was "orphaned" by Trend-Micro....their new version does not support Win 98SE, so I was forced to look elsewhere for my AV protection. NOD32 came highly recommended, so I downloaded the "trial" version. I'm wondering if I disable the Trend-Micro AV scanning, can I leave the rest of the program installed without a conflict with NOD32? I have Trend-Micro's "Fix-It Utilities 6" which does have some other very useful software contained in it besides the AV programs. I've always heard to never have 2 AV programs running, but figured if I disable the T-M AV scanning, this would be OK. Secondly, are there any major differences between the NOD32 "trial" version and the full version?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there is no difference between the trial and full version
    lodore

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The only difference I know of between trial and full - is the update servers you update from. trial users have a different set of update servers, which can SOMETIMES lag a little behind the "live" servers. I think it is mainly done so that unpaid trials do not impact the updates of paying users, and so that the trial users are not offered component updates when they are available to the full version users (because if the trial is going to expire or be upgraded within 30 days, it is a little redundant to offer that "feature".

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

and also because the damn crack users :cautious: do not deserve speed and quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.