New User Question About IMON HTTP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by RickS, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickS

RickS Registered Member

I've been using NOD32 for about two months now, and I'm very pleased with it. It's an unbelievable improvement over Norton AntiVirus! I've studied the documentation and Blackspear's excellent tutorial, and I have a question about IMON HTTP checking. It seems to me, that with HTTP checking enabled, each file is checked twice: first by IMON when it is downloaded, and again immediately afterwards by AMON when it is accessed (e.g. rendering a web page). I experimented with the EICAR test page, and with IMON turned off, AMON still caught the file.

Would I be just as safe from threats with IMON HTTP checking turned off, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your attention.

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Try this link: http://www.eicar.com/download/eicar.com.txt
    Turn off IMON and go there. AMON catchs that file but Internet Explorer is able to open it before AMON deletes it. Clear example that IMON is important.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You don't need to turn off any of NOD32's components . AMON is the main resident protection scanning all files on-create , on-access and on-execute (in other words- everything) . DMON scans the documents and IMON - the HTTP and POP3 traffic . It is really essential to have all the components ON so that they offer additional protection and if you have IMON enabled it will scan the traffic in early state before it has touched your PC (the port traffic). If only AMON is enabled you'll still be protected but it can be "a little bit late" , the file will first be created and then killed , while with IMON , it is first checked and then created :) For more info , please see NOD32's brilliant help file :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2006
  4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

agree with you HiTech_boy. Every component is essential except for EMON if you're not using Outlook Express or DMON, if u're not using MS Office

5. RickS

RickS Registered Member

Thanks for all your quick and helpful replies. Fosius' demonstration is absolutely convincing. I'm using all components except EMON, since I don't use Outlook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.