New user in a hurry

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by djmorgan, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Just loaded NOD32 this evening and have not read the manual yet.

I use a download manager 'Reget' and when it downloaded a file it used my old scanner nav32 and I could use a switch like /f noresults so the file was scanned but the results screen would not show unless of course a nasty was found.

Is there a similar switch with NODo_O??

Secondly why does not want to scan a usb drive? it always gives this error

"Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 3. physical disk. Error reading sector."

As I have 2 hardrives attached with 7 partitions the only drive I can see as being "3" would be the usb drive attached to my printer for reading drives out of my camera, I can't see a way to stop NOD from trying to read this drive OR am I wrong and there is a problem with my MBR on a HD?

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

First - slow down... NOD32 is a very powerful AV solution, but you need to spend a few minutes configuring it for best performance, although the new 2.5 settings are defaulted to a better set of defaults than 2.12 was, you can still benefit from taking a few minutes to go through BlackSpear's optimum settings... these are found HERE

As already posted, the MBR error is usually a card-reader type device masquerading as a disk drive in windows and you can ignore it without a single worry.

hth

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.