New User for True Image Version 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DMD31842, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMD31842

DMD31842 Registered Member

I am trying to (for the first time) do a complete back up of my hard drive and store it on an external drive. I cannot seem to figure out how to get it on the external drive. No where does it ask me where I want to store it. I hope somone can help. Thankso_O

2. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

As you go thru the screens one comes up that ask your the source of your files and then another asks you the destination with a tree of your computer click on my computer C: and you should see a letter attributable to your external HD. Click on it and that becomes the destination of your image or files and folders.........hope this helps.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You only see the drive letter of your external harddisk, when you switched it ON repeat ON (not OFF). :)

4. DMD31842

I miust be nuts - it never asks for a destination drive

5. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

One of the windows will say "Backup Archive Location" Click on the pane and the folders will drop!!!

And as has been mentioned make sure your external HD is plugged (USB, I presume) and that its turned on.

Good Luck

6. DMD31842

The External HD is plugged in and working fine. I just ran the wizard and there is no window that says "backup file location"!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ErikAlbert

Open Acronis True Image
    1. Pick a Task Menu : click on "Backup"
    2. Create Backup Wizard : click on "Next"
    3. Select Backup Type : click on "Next"
    4. Partitions Selection : Mark the SOURCE partition and click on "Next"
    5. Backup Archive Location :
    - click on My computer
    - click on the DESTINATION partition and choose a name for your backup-file (.tib-file)
    - click on "Next"
    6. ...

8. ErikAlbert

Open Windows Explorer and click on "My Computer" and you will see all your partition letters : A, C, ...
    If your external harddisk is installed properly and turned ON, you have to see a partition letter of your external harddisk.
    If you don't, there is something wrong. I hope you used the USB cable to connect your computer with your external harddisk also.

9. dld

dld Registered Member

My USB2 external drive is labeled F. In doing your backup, True Image will give you a screen as shown:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7656/screenshot0096we.jpg

My Backup Archive Location is F. At the bottom you will see: Backup Archives (*.tib) where tib stands for True Image Backup.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  10. DMD31842

Thanks to both of you. I finally got it! DUH!! Seriously, thank you for your guidance (and your patience)! David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.