New Uninstall->reinstall 3,633->Error E000101F4! Oy!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kdkrone, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdkrone

kdkrone Registered Member

I waited for the "new" uninstall instructions for Acronis TrueImage 9.0 build3,633; they were posted this AM and I followed them religiously (a few items were not there, as I had uninstalled previously).

After the reinstall, I received error E000101F4: cannot find the necessary Acronis True Image Home modules. Please reinstall.

What is to be done now?? This should have been the latest and greatest...

Moments later...
    Curiously, I cancelled out the error message by clicking OK and then have been able to proceed to actually do a verification of one of my archives. It is about 1/2 way through and clicking away.

I am very confused. Is there an entry or two in the registry that I can change to make sure the program is pointed at the proper place, as the program seems to run, or at least parts do!

Thanks,
    Ken K

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. kdkrone

Addendum: the verification procedure proceeded and completed with an appropriate message. While that happened, I checked the device manager and found that the Acronis True Image Archive Explorer was present but that no drivers were installed....

Acronis Support, are you there??

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ken,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do the following in order to fix the problem:

* Uninstall Acronis True Image 9.0 once again;
    * Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit);
    * Find the following branches:
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\
    o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImage
    * Set Full Control permission for SYSTEM and current accounts for these branches;
    * Install Acronis True Image 9.0 over again.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. kdkrone

Thank you for your reply but I do not understand how to set permissions for any of these keys. Where is the control in Registry that allows it?

Also, if I have uninstalled Acronis 9.0 per the latest instructions, there should not be keys that include "Acronis" or "TrueImage", correct?..... I am confused by your instructions... Please clarify.

Thanks
    Ken K

5. Acronis Support

Hello Ken,

I believe Tatyana meant uninstallation via 'Add or Remove Programs' rather than manual uninstallation procedure described in this previous post of mine.

The main idea of Tatyana's advice is to set the correct permissions to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis' registry in order to allow the proper installation of all Acronis True Image modules. If you uninstalled Acronis True Image manually and deleted the keys mentioned above then please do the following:

- Go to Start -> Run -> issue the 'regedit' command;

- Open 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\' key;

- Right click on 'SOFTWARE' and choose 'Permissions...' from a drop-down menu;

- In the opened 'Permissions for SOFTWARE' window click 'Add' in order to add System and user you are currently logged in to the 'Group of user names';

- Then please set 'Permissions' to 'Full control' for both these accounts and click 'OK';

- Create 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis' key by right-clicking on 'SOFTWARE' and selecting 'New' -> 'Key';

- Create 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImageHome' key by right-clicking on 'Acronis' and selecting 'New' -> 'Key';

- Set permissions to 'Full Control' for both these keys in the way described above;

- Try to install the latest build (3633) Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and see the result.

If the problem persists then please do the following:

- Uninstall the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home either via 'Add or Remove Programs' or manually;

- Download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging;

- Try to install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and see the result.

Please let us know if that does not help either and you still receive that "E000101F4: cannot find the necessary Acronis True Image Home modules. Please reinstall." error message. We will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. kdkrone

Thanks for your post. I had looked in my registry and right-clicked on the keys but no "permissions" is listed. Please recall that I am using Win2K, not Win XP Pro.

As of a software "upgrade" yesterday for logmein.com, I am now unable to remote into my computer until I return home tonight, so I will check once again, but I still suspect that you are referring to XP and not 2000.

The good news is that I was able to remotely reinstall the program after my third registry cleansing per the new instructions, the only change having been that I had performed the first two attempts with Typical installation and the successful one was Complete installation. I had remotely performed a backup archive and verification before logmein failed. I will attempt to mount the created image on a new drive tomorrow and post the results. I am hoping that this problem is resolved.

Please get back to me about the Permissions issue and whether I should be seeing permissions in the registry in 2000 or not. As I recall, I actually checked the permissions under Control Panel, Users... Please verify and let me know if I am missing something....

Thanks
    Ken K

7. Primo

Primo Registered Member

Hallo
    In mine case error E000101F4 arose failure programme Disk Director Suite 9. Error was, from Disk Director Suite didn't go uninstal. Rewrote be him new installation over old installation, and then proper uninstal. After following installation True Image 9 was everything OK !
    Primo Czech Republic -sory bad english-

8. kdkrone

My issue has been resolved. On the third uninstall-reinstall, I chose Complete reinstall instead of Typical and that seems to have done the trick.

WRT Permissions, again, I have been unable to find Permissions in the registry of Win 2000, only in Control Panel, Users.

Thanks for the new instructions and help,
    Ken K

9. Primo

Primo Registered Member

Hallo Ken
    Instruction from Tatyany and Alexye am tried also, but without help. Helped only proper from - installation of both programmes. Now both programs work OK! Mine system is but Windows_XP.
    I wish much successes at detection errors.
    Primo

10. Acronis Support

Hello Ken,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We are really glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Please note that in order to change permissions in Windows 2000 registry you should issue 'regedt32' command, then select the corresponding registry key and go to 'Edit' -> 'Permissions...' menu at the top of the Registry Editor window (make sure that you are not viewing the registry in read-only mode available via Options menu). Please see respective Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for further details.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.