New Tutorials on HijackThis and Spyware/Hijackers

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Grinler, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grinler

Grinler Guest

I have just created 3 new tutorials about Spyware and two of the more prevalent tools when dealing with them.

The first is a primer on Spyware and hijackers and is a good read if you don't understand them. It can be found here:

Understanding Spyware and Browser Hijackers

The second tutorial is on how to use Spybot and can be found here:

Using Spybot to remove Spyware from Your Computer

The third tutorial is on how to use HijackThis. I could not find a tutorial on the meanings of the different sections in HijackThis, and could only imagine what beginning computer users would think when they used it. This tutorial explains each section in layman terms, so that you understand what you are doing on your computer, instead of blinding following instructions. It can be found here:

How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers

I hope these help some of you.

--
    Grinler
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
    Source for Original Content and Tutorials for the beginning computer user.

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Please be aware when visiting the sites mentioned that some adverts, the display of which may well be out of the direct control of the website owners do display adverts for products and service we would not recommend, either because they are ineffective or because of their marketing practices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.