New & Trojans

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by sgarland, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgarland

sgarland Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here so I hope I placing this in the right spot, if not maybe someone could direct me. While I'm generally careful, I've noticed my pc acting wierd in the last two days (trying to access sites when it's not connected). My Norton caught three files a few days ago and quarantined them (Install2.exe, do.exe, & wbk6094.tmp) however, I don't if they were caught in time. When I run a scan with the latest Norton updates nothing comes up. However, when I ran a McAfee scan it said I had 11 files infected with Keylog-Briss, & Downloader-KL. Unfortunately, I don't have McAfee & I can't figure out a way to remove them. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, doe anyone know why Norton wouldn't pick these up and McAfee would? Thanks

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I do believe that this is the right section for your post - check the sticky at the top of this "adware, spyware & hijack cleaning" section and follow the instructions :D

3. sgarland

sgarland Registered Member

Thank you for your help, I've started the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.