New trial user: Read Error?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PhilipManwaring, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilipManwaring

PhilipManwaring Registered Member

Hello.

I just downloaded the trial for ATI 9.0 and tried a quick image of my C: drive (partition one of two on an 80GB PATA drive) to an external USB HD.

At about 90% the backup terminates saying 'completed with errors'. The error code is Module: 1, error 502 (0x101F6), Read Error (0x70003).

I'm using normal compression and high priority, anti-virus is turned off as is my anti-spyware software. The really odd thing is that there's not even a partial backup file on the target external volume. Would ATI delete the target file due to the read error? Very odd. o_O

I like the look of this program a lot. I bought Ghost 10 but didn't install it due to all the bad feedback I read. This looks like users have a better experience but it won't do me much good if I can't get it to back up the drive.

One more thing: I can successfully clone this drive to my external USB using Casper XP, and I was able to run chkdsk without errors, so I think the source volume should be OK.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated. :)

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Are you doing the Image backup from within Windows or with the bootable TI Rescue CD? Whichever one, try the other.

Also you may run into problems with the MBR when you do a Restore if you do not make an Image of the entire hard drive.

And you are right, CasperXP is much much better at cloning. Unfortunately it doesn't have a boot disk feature.

3. PhilipManwaring

PhilipManwaring Registered Member

Thank you for your suggestion. In the end the issue could only be resolved by running chkdsk from the Windows XP system recovery console. It did then find and correct errors and I'm now able to make an image from within Windows. This gave rise to another issue, but I'll post that in a new thread.

Thanks again,
    Philip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.