New to Wilders and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marcromero, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Hello everyone, I'm new to Wilders Security Forums and NOD32. Today my subscription to F-prot expired and I decided to give NOD32 a test drive. I have been reading through the NOD32 forums for several weeks now and based on what I have read and researched concerning Eset's NOD32, I have made a solid choice. Installation went well, setup was a breeze and it runs without issue on my laptop. First impressions are real good, scan times are awesome! I also like the configuration capabilities of this program, seems to cover all the bases for an average computer user like myself.

I welcome any advice, comments or opinions on how I can better use this program or enhance it's capability. I look forward to learning as much as I can about NOD32 from you experts here at Wilders. Thanks for your time, look forward to hearing from all of you. Have a nice evening!

mouseclick

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

If you have any other scanners on your system (antispyware, etc), exclude them in AMON, this can help with speed. Also make sure to go into the compatibility settings in IMON to set your browser to "higher efficiency".

4. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Just when you think you know it all, you learn something new. :)

Does this mean I can safely exclude Ewido and MS Windows Defender in AMON?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't know ho wit could affect the speed as these scanners scan other files. What's more, AMON caches the data scanned so a file is scanned just once until it's modified. If a virus infected the executable of this AV, how would you know then if it was excluded? (well, maybe it checks CRC of its files, but it's not safe IMHO anyway).

6. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Hi Mouseclick.

I think you will be very happy with NOD. In my admittedly limited experience, it is one of the few AV's that will run nearly as light as F-Prot on your system. I have trialed F-Prot a few times and liked it but I like the configurability and detection capability of NOD even better. Plus, nothing beats this forum for getting information and support! I have learned a ton here.

While I have not had any trouble with any of the NOD components, you might want to read through some of the threads here about IMON. Specifically, read up on the compatibility settings. Those seem to affect the operation of a variety of programs on some computers.

Was there a specific reason why you switched away from F-Prot? (I sometimes switch products just to try something new.) F-Prot seems to have fallen a bit in detection over the past few years. They specifically state that they do not detect spyware so that may have something to do with it. Perhaps this decline will reverse itself as they seem to have hired a former ESET employee. Certainly, they bear watching for the next year.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

:eek: May I know who is it? Because no one from Eset has moved to another AV company - all the developers are Slovak and they do not plan to migrate any time soon, even not our cleaner does :D

8. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. I definitely will not exclude these two programs then. :)

9. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Ooops, I stand corrected by Marcos. I should know better than to believe rumors posted on this and other boards. If I better remembered the Czech and Slovak I learned in the US Army in the mid-1980's, I would apoligize properly.

:oops:

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

hamlet, no particular reason for changing av's from F-prot to NOD32, F-prot has served me well for quite a few years and I really liked that program, but it has not kept up with the times so to speak, and I was just wanting to try something different and NOD just appealed to me, like you, I find the ability to configure options a definite plus! So far, it seems to be running really well and I like it very much.

11. thedon57

thedon57 Registered Member

Hi I too have changed to nod32 about 3 mths ago up untill then I had avast which i had just bought the licence for but then it started letting loads od trogans and other viruses through.
    when I sent and asked them when they where going to do a fix for the trogans they could not give me an answer.
    nod32 recommended by another member on a computer forum i am forum admin on, as soon as I installed nod32 it found the trogans about 20 of them cleared them all out, so now i have paid for nod32 and will go on doing so as it has never let me down.
    Also recommended nod32 to whoever i post back to on a problem they may have.
    Keep up the good work, one satisfied customer full scan just done no viruses or trogans so 3 cheers for nod32

12. wxboss

wxboss Registered Member

Welcome!
    I really think you'll enjoy the transparency of NOD32. It runs so light and easily that you will forget it's there (unless it detects something :) ).

I know that since I've installed and started using it that I've become quite spoiled by it. Once you've tried NOD, it's hard to go back to anything else.

13. thedon57

thedon57 Registered Member

you dont need to go on to any other antivirus if nod32 let you down then you may as well throw the computer out the window.
    also i like the way it checks for updates every hour which is what i have set it up for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.