new to this!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by C.S.J, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hey,

im new to this software, complete novice at it.

i understand it has a tick next to primary snapshot, but why the need for this secondary one?

why does it need 2 snapshots, i just want one... so i can go back to that state whenever i want.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you are useing the one snapshot and it gets corrupted you do not have a snap to go back to. That is why you create the second and run in it and save the primary as the one you can go back to for a clean state

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

but doesnt this just all take up more HD space?

the reason im looking into it, is... my dell has its own image restore thing, but when i restore to that.. it has soooo much crap-ware with it, it takes an hour from restore just to make it useable in my opinion, so was looking for another alternative that wont take up too much HD space.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But unless you have an older computer, you should have plenty of space even with the several snapshots. FD is ideal for testing software.

The alternative is to use an Imaging program; preferably taking an image after you have taken all the Dell stuff off.

Take a look here for information about the Dell Partition and here for the "Dell De-crapifier ".

5. dallen

dallen Registered Member

C.S.J.,
    It does sound like you are more interested in a solid imaging software. Might I recommend:
    Image For Windows.

Girlfriend bought a Dell. After $#%$ing with it for about 2 days I concluded that the only way to un-Dellify it was to format the HD, repartitioning it to have one partition, and setting it up the right way (my way). After going through that I simply created my own restore discs using Image For Windows. Now her universe is in balance [at least the computer portion is].

After you decide what to do, you may also want to consider First Defense-ISR. It is a must have. When coupled with a solid imaging software (solid = anything but Ghost), they make for a nearly unbreakable tandem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.