New to Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cosmo32, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Hello,
    I have just installed Sandboxie v3.24. I want to believe I know what this app does, but not certain. The install did indicate that it needed gdiplus.dll. Is this true?
    Well, I did pick the file up and stick it in my system32 directory anyway........;)
    I do know that I now have much reading to do. Any quick setup selections will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to 'unlock' my browser (ie6) a bit. I have been running in a rather buttoned-down mode for quite a while. With Sandboxie, I'd like to put my tin-hat back in the drawer!
    System is W2Ksp4, 1G, AMD Barton 2500+. Thanks.

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

From Sandboxie's download site:
    Sandboxie FAQ's

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Franklin,
    Thank you for the link and suggestion. Yes, SB_3.24 did request the gdiplus business. I went and got it and installed it (I think?). Not aware how to prove it is installed; so, I dropped the gdiplus.dll file into my c/winnt/system32/ directory. Suspect this install may be bad; am getting all manner of SB error msgs. I think I am going to just start all over...........o_O

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am confused as to why if GDIPLUS.DLL is needed for the program to be truly functional why it was not included to begin with. I would be disappointed to download a program only to be told that for it to work I would need to download another file. I believe that would be enough for me to say the heck with it and look for another program. Am I being unreasonable and if so why? Replies will be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

GDIPLUS.DLL is a Microsoft file. It may have restrictions for redistribution.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well that download for GDI+ needs activation and Sandboxie might need permission to include GDIPLUS.DLL in the installer.

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Right out of the box its pretty safe. I should force any Web application to be sandboxed,including Peer to Peer,webbrowser , e-mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.