New to Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cosmo32, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Hello,
    I have just installed Sandboxie v3.24. I want to believe I know what this app does, but not certain. The install did indicate that it needed gdiplus.dll. Is this true?
    Well, I did pick the file up and stick it in my system32 directory anyway........;)
    I do know that I now have much reading to do. Any quick setup selections will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to 'unlock' my browser (ie6) a bit. I have been running in a rather buttoned-down mode for quite a while. With Sandboxie, I'd like to put my tin-hat back in the drawer!
    System is W2Ksp4, 1G, AMD Barton 2500+. Thanks.

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

From Sandboxie's download site:
    Sandboxie FAQ's

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Franklin,
    Thank you for the link and suggestion. Yes, SB_3.24 did request the gdiplus business. I went and got it and installed it (I think?). Not aware how to prove it is installed; so, I dropped the gdiplus.dll file into my c/winnt/system32/ directory. Suspect this install may be bad; am getting all manner of SB error msgs. I think I am going to just start all over...........o_O

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am confused as to why if GDIPLUS.DLL is needed for the program to be truly functional why it was not included to begin with. I would be disappointed to download a program only to be told that for it to work I would need to download another file. I believe that would be enough for me to say the heck with it and look for another program. Am I being unreasonable and if so why? Replies will be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

GDIPLUS.DLL is a Microsoft file. It may have restrictions for redistribution.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well that download for GDI+ needs activation and Sandboxie might need permission to include GDIPLUS.DLL in the installer.

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Right out of the box its pretty safe. I should force any Web application to be sandboxed,including Peer to Peer,webbrowser , e-mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.