New to Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by imperium, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Hi folks, I just bought the paid version of Process Guard because I heard it is an excellent security app but am a complete novice at a lot of computer jargon. I was just wondering, I have just run all my applications and have just clicked always permit for each of them, is this okay? I sincerely apologize if this is a dumb question.:)

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Welcome, and congratulations on a wise purchase IMHO.

The best place to look is in the help or you can follow this link to the help part of the ProcessGuard website:

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=help

From there you can access the FAQ and other resources that will help.

I have to say that I am surprised that you had to click to allow as following the first reboot after installation PG should be in Learning Mode (sys tray icon is green) and at that time you should run all you usual applications which PG will then record without you having to click Allow. YOu can reset PG into Learning Mode by right clicking the sys tray icon, selecting Protection Settings and then clicking on Learning Mode. Leave that on for a day or two whilst you go about the usual activities on the PC and then switch off Learning Mode. After that any new or changed application will require an Allow or Deny, etc.

Once set up PG is very much fire and forget.

Hope that helps?

Baldrick:D

3. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Thankyou for the reply Baldrick. This forum is excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.