New to PG (cannot open mutex 2)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bibbe, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Hi everybody,today after having thought about it for month I bought PG. The reason I didnt buy it before was that I was afraid of trouble and I did get into trouble. After installing and reboot a little window came up saying"cannot open mutex 2" and after clicking OK; i got a message saying " error in initization. check dcsuserprot.exe" and anorher one "part of PG (pgaccount.exe) not running". And it said that Iwould not be protected. I removed PG and downloaded another copy but I had the same result. PLEASE can somebody help
    I am running swedish version of XP home and antivirus is NOD and BoClean. I also run RegRun securety.

bibbe

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

What other real-time programs are you running during the PG install (e.g. anti-virus, anti-trojan, etc.)? Did you shut them down during the install (you can disconnect from the Internet during the install if you are concerned about being unprotected). One of the real-time programs may be blocking the install of PG.

Rich

3. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Hi richrf, the first time I installed PG counterspy did complain and regrun told me some changes had been made, but the second time I installed PG I stopped NOD, regrun and counterspy from running at startup, but it didnt help. But right now it seems PG is OK, I stopped it and started it 5 times and the last time it came up, saying it was running. By the way I did search and read what was said here before but could not find any help, except it is allways nice to see that I am not the only one with a problem.

bibbe

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

Glad things are running O.K right now. Sometimes these things happen and you handled it the way I would.

Cya around,
    Rich

5. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Well i guess I was too fast, after a reboot I am back to the same problems again, but if I close PG and go to the PG folder and click the DCSUserProt.exe and the pgaccount.exe a couple of times, PG starts working at last. I will see if PG starts to work betterafter another 2 or 3 days, if not I will remove it and see if I can get my money back.

bibbe

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

I think that something went wrong during installation. I am sure someone will be along shortly to help you through. Sometimes registry entries are not correct, usually if they are blocked during installation.

Cya around,

Rich

7. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Thankyou Rich, I hope you are right about somebody being able to help. I have 2 other programs from the guys down under, and both work fine

bibbe

8. jbarr

jbarr Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

Do you have an active imaging process (i.e., Go Back) running while you're trying to install PG? I encountered the same issue you had until I disabled Go Back.

If so, create a backup of your hard drive or, at minimum, manually create a restore point before disabling Go Back and reinstalling PG. I was able to enable Go Back again, once PG was successfully installed.

Good luck!

9. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

jbarr, I use Acronis TI and I tried to do as you told me, but it still doesnt work. Even now I get the message about mutex 2 and a little later a message about " pgaccount not running ". Then I shut down PG and g to the PG-folder and click the pgaccount.exe and the DCSUserProt.exe. After that I start PG by clicking procguard.exe in the folder and then it works (mostly).

bibbe

10. jbarr

jbarr Registered Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding bibbe. I was suggesting that you create a backup image if you normally run Go Back in real time.

The backup was intended as a safeguard should the reinstallation of PG cause any issues for you later while Go Back is disabled. I'm assuming after your last response that you do not use Go Back.

If you're still having an issue with PG initializing, have you tried installing PG in safe mode?

11. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

No Jbarr I havent tried safe mode, I will try that later, right now I am getting a little tired of PG.

bibbe

12. jbarr

jbarr Registered Member

Know how frustrating it can be bibbe. It took me several weeks and numerous, intermittent attempts before I resolved my initialization issue(s) with PG.

FYI: In my determined efforts to successfully install PG I would make every effort to clean up the previous, unsuccessful attempt to install PG before attempting to reinstall it (i.e., (1) uninstall via Windows' Add & Remove; (2) restart computer; (3) delete PG folder in programs' folder if still present after uninstall; (4) run trusted registry cleanup utility and (5) restart computer). Installing PG in safe mode will allow you to do so with minimum background processes running.

Don't give up on PG completely because it does provide a very good, added layer of protection for your computer when it's running properly. Perseverance paid off in my case. Good luck!

13. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

jbarr I am using regrun gold, do you think it could ne the problem

bibbe

14. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I concur with jbarr. It seems like some registry entries were messed up during the initial install. It would be helpful to completely clean your computer of PG (including any remaining registry entries) and then trying to re-install. I use RegSeeker, but the older version which has proven to be very reliable and not the current version.

RIch

15. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Well I removed PG again, restarted and used regsupreme and System mechanic to clean up. Then I stopped amon and imon from loading and stopped regrun too, and even BoClean. A new restart and loading in safe mode and then I installed PG. During instal it said something about a driver error but all went fine. But then after restart all was like before, first the little window saying cannot open mutex 2 and then PG keeps initialize. But if I stop PG and go to the PG folder and click pgaccount.exe and then procguard.exe everything runs fine.
    Thankyou for trying to help me

bibbe

16. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

You definitely should not have had any kind of messages concerning driver error during the install. I am at lost on how to help you since I do not know exactly what PG is trying to install, but it seems like it is somehow being blocked or conflcting with another entry. Have you tried contact DiamondCS directly on this problem. I am very surprised that no one has tried to help out so far. I think it is a straight-forward problem to resolve if you are being helped by someone from DiamondCS. Maybe it is because it is the weekend. Hopefully, someone will help out soon.

Rich

17. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Yes we all want a lazy and cosy weekend

bibbe

18. jbarr

jbarr Registered Member

Hi bibbe,

Not personally familiar with regrun gold, but it appears to image and monitor your registry keys. Might try disabling regrun gold during the installation of PG and the subsequent rebooting process since regrun gold appears to protect you during startup and may be what's blocking the successful initialization of PG.

Again, start with a clean uninstall from the previous, unsuccessful PG installation and create a good backup as a safeguard. Had success cleaning my registry with RegClean 4.3.

19. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Noone from DCS witha suggestion?

bibbe

20. rollofore

rollofore Guest

Bibbe,

I don't know if you disabled ALL your protection during uninstall but if you didn't, this could have blocked some part to be uninstalled.

There was a post in January with the complete uninstall process.
    Don't forget to manually delete the remaining "parts" in safe mode as explained in this post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=63823

It worked for me but I don't use the same additional program as you !!!

21. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

bibbe, did u try installing in safe mode or did u just go into windows and disable all ur resident protection?

22. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i have installed PG a couple of times before where, for some reason, it didn't seem to install properly.. uninstalling it and then reinstalling it has always straightened things out for me..

i am always careful to try to make sure that PG is not running before i try to uninstall it, closing all of PG's processes from within "task manager".. naybe that is not necessary, but that is what i do..

23. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

I installed it and un-installed it 7-8 times in all kind of ways and it is still the same.but I don´t care anymore. As soon as the botton (cannot open mutex 2)comes up I click it and then exit PG. Then I go to my PG-folder and I click pgaccount.exe and DCSUserProt.exe and finally progguard.exe and then everything works fine.

bibbe

24. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

The same thing happens to me also. When the error comes up I don`t click it till all my programs finish loading then I click the error and PG works fine after that. If I click it before the programs load then I have to do what you did. It`s a pain in the @ss sometimes but ya get used to it. :)

25. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

By accident I found something else today. My Zyxel adsl-modem was turned off and when I started my computer PG worked as it should. Then I stopped the computer and turned on the modem and again the damned botten shows.

bibbe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.