New to LnS with a few basic questions

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by subferno, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subferno

subferno Registered Member

I am trying out LnS right now and I am really impressed with what it could do. I have used Norton Firewall, Outpost, and Sygate for awhile and I am curious as to how LnS works. Because I know nothing about firewalls and internet security, I have always relied on the above firewalls' default settings to do the job.

Seeing how small and light LnS is, how does its protection and features differ from that of other "heavier" firewalls?

For instance, Sygate has "intrusion detection system", "anti ip spoofing", and many others (http://smb.sygate.com/products/pspf/comparison_pspf.htm). Does LnS not have those features or is LnS designed to protect against those without user notification?

To sum up my message, I really like LookNStop. Being small and resource friendly is a good thing but I dont know if I am really protected without the advertised features in other firewalls.

Many THanks

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

You are just as protected as with any other firewall. I love LnS myself and have used those others as well. The only thing I have done to better enhance my security with it is to enable the enhanced rule set. To do this launch LnS and go to the internet filtering tab and make sure at the bottom internet filtering is checked as enabled, then click load and load the enhanced rule set in place of the standard rule set, click apply and then minimize and you should be all set. You do have to sort of train it as with any firewall as to what you will allow and not allow access in and out of the net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.