New to Acronis True Image Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mcooledge, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcooledge

mcooledge Registered Member

We have been using Ghost to make images across the network to our laptops. I would like to do the same with ATI. If we can get this to work similar to ghost we plan to buy.

Here is how we would do it in ghost. We would make a bootable Floppy or CD with the correct NIC driver. Next we boot up on the Floppy on the computer we want to make an image of or put one on. We then start up the ghostcast server on our laptop and start a session to copy to a location either on the network or laptop.

How is this done in ATI workstation? We have many images that we put on computer for testing for different customers. Is this product the correct one we need?

Thanks for the help in advance
    Mark

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi!

I guess what you really need is Acronis SnapDeploy that allows to use multicast/unicast to deploy images and personnalize installations automatically.

True Image is REALLY for backups, so wont change nor name nor SID of target computers, and isnt designed therefore for multicast.

Besides SnapDeploy is really cheaper than True Image, that allows a full restore of system in a ghost way, but with incremental backups and other possibilities...

Jaycee

3. mcooledge

mcooledge Registered Member

Will True Image allow you to Multicast/unicast?

All we really do is backup and restore images, not change, name, nor SID of target computers.

I will get a trail version of Snap Deploy and try that. One of our customers uses the HOME version and put the image on a CD but that will not help us much.

Thanks
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.