New Thread Composition Problem

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Dogbiscuit, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Lately, when editing a new post, selecting "Preview Post" will bring up a login screen, after several minutes of already being logged in to the forums. In addtion, if I try to go back a page in my browser to copy the material I was writing, it is no longer available and I lose my editing.

Also, if I click on my name up in the top right corner (after "Welcome,") it continually brings me to the full page login screen again, even when I'm already logged in.

Anything I can do?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It's always a cookie issue. When you constantly get logged out of the forum it is because your system is not passing back the authentication variables stored in the cookies for wilderssecurity.com. It may not be specifically a browser setting though, but that is the first place to start checking... It could be any privacy, filtering, proxy, software firewall or similar package, that for some reason is preventing either the storing or passing of the cookie values.

FAQ: No permission error - can't stay logged in!

3. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Oops. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.