New symptom...new malware?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SUPERIOR, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR Registered Member

one week ago, my friend called me to help him with his usb hd... he told me that his pc was infected with virus
    he scanned all his computer and external stuff, and freed them from virii
    his folders on that hd was disappeared though size still same
    first i thought it was just an usual problem...disabled showing hidden files
    but this time was different ...it was checked to show all files even protected system file ...yet nothing shown
    i brought that usb hd... and examined it ..what to surprise it was like clean ...but size still same...tried some hex editor for disks...the files still there ..nothing encrypted or corrupted even
    when i tried to create or copy new file to hd in the main root, i got an error about corruption of the disk
    though there was only one folder, when i try to copy or do whatever inside it ..i can do it simply ..but not in the main root
    today my other friend...got the same symptom ..his computer was infected and folder and files on his fixed hard disappeared

anyone heard about this before? how can i fix this thingo_O?
    thanks in advance

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Can you right click on the drive - properties - Tools tab and select "Check now" for errors which should run a chkdsk on it?

3. SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR Registered Member

thanks for respond ...actually i did that and got some errors..i tried the command with /F parameter trying to fix errors ..but it didnt work ..it tells me that operation cant be done because its used and i need to dismount it first
    maybe i try that command on livecd
    but is there any other suggestion for now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.