New SKYPE malware

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JuliusB, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

New SKYPE malware is spreading in Lithuania but may be other in countries to. reports of disabled antivirus software too.
    yesterday I sent two samples to ESET but no response yet.
    email from address julius[eta]inamai.lt

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Is the message that you see in Skype written in Spanish? I ask you because I have seen such a creature these days

If you have the malicious file or link , could you please upload it somewhere (e.g. rapidshare.de) and send me a private message (PM) with the information . Thank you!

3. JuliusB

PM sent

messages appear in Lithuanian. it seems messages are random and it gives links to download a file that is dynamically named after the Skype screen name. links are to static IP addresses and it is possible it creates a server once it infects a machine and then sends links to it to Skype contacts.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am sorry but RapidShare tells me I must be a Premium user to download the archive .

Please , upload it to rapidshare.de , 4storing.com or somewhere else . Thank you

5. JuliusB

PM sent

UPDATE: just got reply from ESET saying The detection for this threat will be included in our next signature update.
    :thumb:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I checked the files that you submitted to me . Thank you!

That is great news for all the ESET clients and users . At least they replied to your email .

Yet , it is too late because it is already spreading . This is not valid (at least in this case).

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      4.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png