New Process Entry Alert

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER.2010, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Greets and shouts out to all here. Fantastic discussions and great comparisons. Anyone can easily see why mal-writers and junk makers suffer from writers cramp and migranes :D

For some of my own research going on i am looking specifically for any programs (preferably free/open source) that will "alert" to the immediate addition of any new process that happens to enter your systems process list.

With all the different varieties of apps and discussions going on here it's a bit overwhelming for me right now to discover exactly this type of monitor i'm looking for.

Nothing extragant or heavy with other capability needed just a simple Monitor to either pop up some prompt box or even audio alert the second any new process is been added, similar i suppose to all these registry monitors only for the systems process list is what i'm looking for. (research only)

Thanks and keep up these great discussions, malware is all but finished so far as i see it with the better security apps that come forward and the examinations that forums like this helps create.

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi EASTER.2010,

there are looots of options here: Process Guard, Online Armor, AppDefend, SSM, Trust-no-exe, etc, etc...

If you browse this privacy & other anti-malware software forum, you'll find a lot ;) .

Cheers,
    nicM

3. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

WinSonar i had once, it does ok but what i was looking for something that serves more as an ALERT than a Killer. :cool:

I think i located what i was looking for.
    Even though it says Shareware the developer emailed me the registration code since i will be applying it for personal use only. LoL

ProcAlert

5. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

EASTER.2010

You can use Winsonar as Alert only if you want, by selecting Fast Scan. Or toggle between that and Kill whenever you like !

StevieO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.