New Problem after Windows 10 Feature Update to 20H2

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by jclarkw, Apr 24, 2021.

1. jclarkw

jclarkw Registered Member

All of my existing sandboxed shortcuts still work fine except the one to MS Outlook 2019:
    New Sandboxie Error 04_23_21.png
    [​IMG]
    I'm running Sandboxie Classic 5.49.7. I'm at a loss to decode this message. Can anyone help? Regards -- jclarkw

2. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

Same for any Office 365 program - until a recent update it only affected the beta, so likely a change to Office rather than Windows.

3. jclarkw

Henry -- This is not Office 365, it's Office 2019 (click-to-run). I thought this software didn't change except for security updates, unlike Office 365. Am is missing something here? -- jclarkw

4. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

I appreciate the difference, just wanted to point out that it was affecting Office 365 too. The point you make is a good one, although it affected the Office 365 beta long before recent Windows and Office updates.

So it could be security updates applied to Office 2019, or perhaps updates to the "click to run" mechanism which I assume is the same as used by Office 365.

5. jclarkw

Henryg1 -- OK, I see now. It's much worse than I had thought. It's not just my shortcut; it's any way I try to run Outlook.exe (or Excel or Word 2019) inside a sandbox!

I do see some mention of problems with MS Office 2019 in earlier versions of Sandboxie Plus back in Dec., 2020, but I don't know if those are related since I'm running Sandboxie 5.47.7. (I did verify that my Sandboxie Classic is installed in the C:\Program Files\Sandboxie directory.) Most people probably had Windows 10 20H2 by December, but I didn't get mine until last week. I had been stuck with 1909 because of some incompatibility with other software I had on my computer. My problem started not with an Office security update but immediately after the Windows feature update.

I hope DavidXanatos is still working on this! -- jclarkw

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  6. jclarkw

David -- Any chance you will get to this problem soon? -- jclarkw

7. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I will look into it but probably not super soon.
    Its on my todo but its a huge pain as there are different instalation versions
    that behave differently any i have only access to one

8. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

That and the fact that Office (esp click to run) with Sandboxie has broken many times over the years after both Office and Windows Updates. Keeping on top of fixes for Office must be like pushing the proverbial up hill.

9. jclarkw

Thanks! Note above that I'm not the only one with this problem (see above). -- jclarkw

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.