New PC

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Rico, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I seem to remember some interesting posts regarding places to purchase a PC online, can't seem to find them now. Help! Or new suggestions! Back to search.

Take Care
    Rico

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you're planning on getting a desktop then i always find its best to build it yourself if you know how. Its usually cheaper and you can design it exactly how you want it. Otherwise i can highly recommend dell, their prices are pretty good and their customer service is excellent from my experience.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've mentioned many times that Dell has been my choice for several years now. Their boxes / laptops are reliable and can be configured to your specific needs. I've also found customer support to be terrific.

Currently using: XPS 600 main box, Dimension 8200 NAS box, Dimension 3000 desktops daughter/wife box , E1705 laptop.

An alternative for a laptop is Panasonic Toughbook. I just bought a CF-18 and it's indestructible and converts to a Tablet w/ digitizer pen. I love this laptop. However service is definitely not on par w/ Dell.

hth,

...screamer

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have an assembled computer. I choosed the hardware components and my on-line shop has also a shop in Antwerp, in case my computer needs to be repaired or adjusted. I paid a small amount to put it all together, because I can't do this myself and I don't take the risk either, since I have two left hands.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Are they both on the left side? Besides, lefties are more gifted. You seem doubly so.
    Mrk

7. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

How to build a PC

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/ (UK website)
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ (US website)
    my pc i ordered from their uk website is coming tomorrow.
    ordered last thursday and it would of come today if someone was in.
    wouldnt hesatate to reccomend them.
    building a pc yourself is easy to do but then if there is any problems you have to work out which componant is faulty yourself and send it back.
    with a place like cyberpower you get practically anything you want with a 3 year warrenty as well.
    dell do make good machines but i didnt buy from them because they dont sell the graphics card i wanted.
    so my advice is build yourself or find a decent small supplier to build it for you.
    lodore

9. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Dell is allot more expensive than Cyberpowerpc. Does anyone know when Intel will have available the QX9650 cpu?

Take Care
    Ricol

10. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can buy that processer from cyberpower pc now.
    it costs alot of money thou:D
    wait for the 2.66ghz intel core duo quad with 12mb cache in january should be the same price as the current intel core duo quad Q6600
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.