New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KingsoftSecurity, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Yes this would be good & are the wishes of KPD users. They should simply give a full custom install. That way whatever users need can be installed.

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I've been saying that for a long time but @KingsoftSecurity just keeps saying they have no plan to do that any time soon........:'(

3. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Great!
    Thanks a lot!

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

me too. ;) wink wink LOL

7. KingsoftSecurity

The security only version is under our consideration, but as you may know, that really takes time. Position changes, and everything changes. The standalone antivirus program will not be the same as the current one, which have to be redesigned.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

The Lite version seems to have replaced the full one on the sites and downloads, which isn't good. There should be separate downloads, or preferably a custom installer.

9. KingsoftSecurity

Yes, u'r right. A link for version with security will be added to the site soon.

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So now that the lite version has been released, would it work well with Panda Cloud AV? I don't know what module PCAV and KSPD were conflicting on last time so I would be interested in seeing what the results would be this time.

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

it should work well with pcav now that lite does not contain anti-trojan.......no reason for conflict between pcav and lite......

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

using lite version........when I check some privacy cleaner settings like internet explorer cookies....after rebooting the settings go back to it's origianal i.e. default .....IE cookies goes uncheck.......other settings remain the same as I have set.......I think possible bug........

update: it occurs not after rebooting but if I close the KPD window....upon opening it the privacy sett. returns to it's default set...........

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

floating window is useful but annoying......it occupies space in desktop........it could be placed on the taskbar instead.......

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

traffic monitor in the float window is okay....but a separate module is not needed......any firewall does that.....and everybody has a firewall.......traffic stats is okay......

15. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

okay......privacy cleaner definitely has bug....I select all ...close window....open window.....select all is unchecked.....registry cleaner works fine.......

16. KingsoftSecurity

Yes, confirmed. Thanks for reporting this. Currently it not records users previous choices. This should be a bug after we added fix all button, and we'll improve it, to make it more "smart". Currently we're improving the privacy cleaner and junk cleaner, to support the extra database.

17. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yeah junk cleaner and privacy does not record user's previous choices.....registry cleaner does.....
    and what's the possible release date of KPD full with anti-malware with the new 3.4 tune-up module update?...........

18. KingsoftSecurity

Yes, the full version may come into large version, when lite goes to 4.0.

19. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

found a possible bug in lite............after rescanning with privacy cleaner it says,'Scan completed, total found 5 remnants. The files will be deleted after reboot'.
    After reboot, same thing happens when I rescan. I've tested this over a couple of days and it just keeps saying files will be deleted after reboot. But KPD does not delete them after reboot.

20. KingsoftSecurity

21. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

22. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

great.......but I don't use most of the software that the junk cleaner will clean with those items........

anyways, kpd lite does not clean address bar history in firefox even with all selected in junk cleaner and privacy cleaner........

23. KingsoftSecurity

Really? I'll test it, and fix it soon, thanks for reporting. BTW, which software you used and want kpd to support cleaning? If possible we can support cleaning it. :)

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

great :thumb:..........

oh I would like KPD to clean mbam logs, sandboxie......ms office picture manager..and many more....just like Ccleaner does......

I'm eagerly awaiting for the new version of KPD full and Lite.....I want to use full version with the new lite features and technology included..........please release them as soon as possible.....I even uninstalled lite because it's too buggy........

25. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

I will wait , the full version of KPD. For me , the antimalware fuction is a must.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.