New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KingsoftSecurity, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Here we have a new computer doctor - the Kingsoft PC Doctor!

Here below is a screenshot of the Kingsoft PC Doctor:
    http://pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/screen/Kingsoft_PC_Doctor.jpg

The new Kingsoft PC Doctor supports:
    Microsoft Win7/Vista/(32/64bit)/XP(32bit)
    and only 17 MB in size.

To evaluate the new computer doctor, you can go to:
    http://pcdoctor.kingsoft.com
    or directly download from here:
    xttp://softdl.pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/version/setup_multilang.exe

Here I expect your guys valuable suggestions and experiences.

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me, or share with members here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Re: New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7 Beta

I like the idea. o.o

EDIT: WHY does so many detect MY OWN batch file as a virus? WHY? xD It turns off uTorrent before launching my preferred game, in this case Dragonica! Geez lol

EDIT2: Hmmm, so far I can really recommend it, I REALLY like what I'm seeing in the product and it's got a lot of potential, even FREE.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

v10 Antivirus engine? But isn't Kingsoft on v9?

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I guess this is their answer to Rising PC Doctor, in fact the features and the name reminds me of it. Just currious is this ment to run stand alone or with other products?

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Is this meant to be a full AV program, or something to run along side another AV? And did this replace the Cloud AV program? thanks

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

Wow, nice for kingsoft.

8. raven211

I'm pretty sure that the software is causing my OS to boot very slow once "inside". Any developer from Kingsoft can PM me if you wanna debug this issue.

9. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Not to sound bitchy on details but perhaps you could have someone look at some sentences. Like changing;

"Powerful Trojan Virus Defense
    Anti-Trojan function of Kingsoft PC Doctor exploits both the revolutionary Cloud Security Engine and powerful V10 Antivirus Engine on local device which are presented by Kingsoft Security to defense billions of malicious Trojan viruses program away from your computer.
    " to;

Powerful Anti Malware Defense
    Anti-Malware function of Kingsoft PC Doctor uses both the revolutionary 'Cloud Security Engine' and powerful 'V10 Antivirus Engine' on local devices (which are presented by Kingsoft, it's already obvious it's from Kingsoft Security) to defend your computer against billions of malicious trojans and viruses.

To me, it's a bit weird to read that your own program function exploits your own engines. Just sayin'...
    Also, I'd change 'Anti-Trojan' to 'Anti-Malware'. If your product aims at detecting/removing viruses, trojans etc, why not use the phrase 'malware'.

Also, the abbreviated english text on the website can use some improvement, f.i.
    'Powerful Trojan Virus Defense; Kingsoft Cloud Security Engine & Local V10 Engine Defense Billions of Malicious Trojan viruses Away'.
    That's just poorly phrased imao.

10. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Who are Kingsoft and can they be trusted?

11. raven211

They have for a long time made their name respected through their AV and Office solutions, not debating about AV effectiveness but company-wise made their name known.

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

You might want to post about it on their forum. Their forum is most likely going to have more people watching then here. Were you running it with what you had in your sig? Maybe it was conflicting because from what I have heard from a few others they said it was pretty light.

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

That is true. But you have remind yourself that they aren't as "skilled" in the language as you are, and might word things differently (but never on purpose).

14. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I don't want to bash them, but they do horribly on AV-Comparatives, and they are always the lowest on Virus Bulletin, even lower than Comodo.

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

They focus more on the China Area malware and they are still trying to expand to more of the global malware. An example is of this is the China Region test (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=304103) which shows Kingsoft was pretty good.

16. raven211

Thing is I can't see WHERE it would conflict and so I've not gone further on that thought. And about being visible, I do take the time to go to other forums if I REALLY think it's necessary, but I'm lazy when it comes to that and the poster of these news seems to be from the company, sooo, I chose to post it here anyway.

EDIT: I'm glad to report that it wasn't the culprit. I uninstalled it to install AVG and the system acts the same weird way on boot. Sadly I've yet to find what actually IS the culprit, even if I have a clue. :p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Just curious does it happen to be (judging by your Sig) Zemana?

Also from what people have told me it can be used with other AV products and is not designed to be your AV program. Also the ability to change your OSes theme is on the road map (like the China version does).

18. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Raven you can try Soluto to identify the culprit to your problem.

19. KingsoftSecurity

this is not a copy of Rising PC Doctor. in fact, you can consider the Kingsoft PC Doctor as a Windows optimizer or, Windows Cleaner.

the Kingsoft PC Doctor have good compatibility with other security software, for example, Kingsoft PC Doctor + some Antivirus/Internet Security...
    or, install the Kingsoft PC Doctor alone

it all depends on your own idea of building local computer security defense.

20. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Question, will Kingsoft PC Doctor remain to be freeware after it goes to its final release or will you have to pay to use certain features on it?

Thanks.:D

21. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Sorry I am not trying to say its a copy of it I am just saying it reminds me of it feature wise (Startup monitor, behavior watcher,cloud analysis). However Rising PC Doctor does not have the system cleaning features.

However I will keep my eye and this and see how it grows. I may try it soon but I want to make sure it will be stable and wait and see if any security conflicts arise before I try it next to Panda cloud. I don't do beta software much for newer programs but this one looks interesting.

22. KingsoftSecurity

Kingsoft PC Doctor is a FREE professional computer security utility.

We offer this professional utility to users around the earth in FREE CHARGE!

23. KingsoftSecurity

Thanks for your question.
    1, Kingsoft PC Doctor is NOT antivirus program; we primary define the program as Windows Optimization and Windows Cleaner. Meanwhile, we shall do our best to improve the two functions.
    2, As to the function of Anti-Trojan virus program, we shall continuously improve this function, and defense computer users away from threats of malicious Trojan virus program. But this dose NOT mean we may change the Kingsoft PC Doctor into antivirus software.
    3, Kingsoft PC Doctor will not replace the Cloud AV program.

Hope above worlds can clear you confusion.

24. KingsoftSecurity

Kingsoft PC Doctor is not antivirus, the software focus on functions of the Windows Optimization and Windows Cleaner. It is a computer security utility.
    So, the test report from Virus Bulletin should not be a conference for evaluating the Kingsoft PC Doctor.

25. KingsoftSecurity

About KINGSOFT
    Established in 1989, Kingsoft Security have dedicated to develop Internet security software for twenty years. It has been playing a more and more important role in Internet security area. Our services include online game and software applications planning, development, operations and distribution over online and offline channels. The composition of our team is diverse and complete. Kingsoft's team is integrally formed by industry experts from various industries. This wide range of experience has been drawn upon to produce services and solutions that is both practical and comprehensive.

To know more about the Kingsoft, you can check hyperlink below:
    http://pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/support.shtml
    -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.