New Panda Dome versions, replacing old Panda products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by roger_m, Mar 28, 2018.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Panda have finally updated their outdated antivirus products which had not been updated for some time and have renamed them too. The new names are as follows:
    • Panda Dome Advanced (formerly Panda Internet Security)
    • Panda Dome Complete (formerly Panda Global Protection)
    • Panda Dome Premium (formerly Panda Gold Protection)
    • Panda Dome Essential (formerly Panda Antivirus Pro)

Previously, you had to use the free version of Panda, or purchase a monthly subscription, to get a current product.

The changelog is as follows:
    There does not seem to be any information from Panda about this at the moment, but the new releases are all listed at Softpedia.

I just installed Panda Dome Advanced and was able to activate it with my Panda Internet Security key. I had not installed Panda Internet Security itself, because it had not been updated in a long time.

Also, Panda released a minor update to their old products a few days ago to make them compatible with the upcoming Fall Creators Update (Redstone 4) for Windows 10. This seems pointless, now that they've released the new Dome versions.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

I'm interested in giving Panda paid a try. I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security on some machines, and I really like it, but I wouldn't mind trying something different on a couple of other laptops I have laying around, just for a change of pace. One is an i5 and the other is an i3. I'll likely inherit another i5 soon.

Panda has four versions and Kaspersky has three, so I am not sure which is most like KIS, Panda Advance or Panda Complete? I don't use Kaspersky Total Security because I don't need all those extra bells and whistles. I'm thinking Advanced is most like KIS, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

4. amico81

amico81 Registered Member

• Panda Dome Advanced (formerly Panda Internet Security)
    • Panda Dome Complete (formerly Panda Global Protection)
    • Panda Dome Premium (formerly Panda Gold Protection)
    • Panda Dome Essential (formerly Panda Antivirus Pro)

5. imuade

imuade Registered Member

6. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

I just did a quick comparison. I does, on the surface, look like Panda Dome Advanced is closer to KIS that the Complete version. Their Premium version has all sorts of flashing lights, bells, whistles, whizzbangs and whirligigs.

7. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

9. ance

ance formerly: fmon

... and $ 12.99 for a month. :eek:

10. roger_m

What makes it an even better deal, is their terrible customer support :thumbd: I emailed them 8 days ago and have received no reply.

I haven't got a monthly subscription. I bought a Panda Internet Security license very cheaply a white back. I used the IS license to activate Panda Dome Advanced, which is the replacement for IS. However, after a few weeks, it said my license had expired and Panda was deactivated, offering zero protection. Maybe, I can only use my IS license, with IS. But, I won't know, until Panda reply to my email, if they ever decide to do so.

At least for now, I have activated Dome with 6 month Panda Dome Advanced license from Shareware On Sale. So I now have an antivirus again.

For anyone that's interested, there's just over a day left on the giveaway.
    https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-panda-dome-advanced-100-discount

11. ance

I emailed them a year ago - 3 times. No answer so far! :gack:

12. roger_m

So it's not just me. They offer the same level of "customer support" to everyone.

13. ance

Well said roger, I think there is no customer support at all since pbust left Panda.

14. gery

gery Registered Member

They suck in that area

15. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

Fortunately customer support is rarely needed. The main problem is installation where Panda installation can abort for reasons such as a locked file. Since customer service is required to interpret the log files, I just give up and find an alternative. I guess that Panda concentrates on support for business users.

16. gery

gery Registered Member

i never needed any help but i do not think they omitted the costumer help for that reason . if they think no one will ever need help then they are WRONG.

17. robboman

robboman Registered Member

Running Panda Dome free version right now on my laptop. I've used panda cloud av in the past. I switched because I had some issue's with Avira. Sometimes it would not update even once within a 24 time period. Panda Dome is def one of my favorite free antivirus software, I have not seen 1 nag screen so far. Bitdefender free looks great too but I don't want a http scanner.

18. gery

gery Registered Member

i have the paid avira and it will not update many times after fresh start . I have to do it manually

19. amico81

amico81 Registered Member

That should be a big reason to change your AV

20. roger_m

I uninstalled Panda today, to try another antivirus. Soon, I uninstalled the other antivirus and went back to Panda. When I logged into my account, I was able to use my current Internet Security license again. Three weeks ago, Panda was telling that my license has expired, even though it was showing that the IS license does not expire for 6 months. I used a giveaway license for a while, as I was not able to get my IS license to work again. But now, my IS license is working again with Panda Dome.

I posted a while back that had I contacted Panda about the license issue and received no reply. Well three weeks later, it's clear that they are never going to reply.

21. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Yeah that’s also my experience I had with Panda, poor customer support.:(

22. ance

:argh::D

23. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Ever since I initially installed Panda Global Protection back in 2016, and updated to latest 2018 version, I have this scaling issue on Microsoft Surface Book. I need a magnifying glass to read the warnings.

Panda Global_Miniscule popup warning_01.JPG

24. m0unds

m0unds Registered Member

seems like lots of software companies haven't quite figured out the whole "high resolution display" thing on modern mobile PCs - if you can figure out which panda process generates the toast notifications, you could try: locate it on disk > right click on the executable > properties > compatibility > change high DPI settings > switch to "system".

25. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That's the one issue that always seems to repeat itself with them. But IF I used an AV, this new Panda Dome would be the choice.
    I have a valid license for it but AV's just don't stack up as well on my systems as specialized third party programs which are IRON vs CLAY in my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.