New or Old?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildman, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O Anyone heard of QuickHeal? What's the story on it?

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :eek: :p

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Wildman .
    I have heard of it . Never used it . I did not think it was anything special based on what I remember from different tests done with it . Just an opinion from a guy who never used it . hope it helps anyway . Take care

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

all i know is that it's india's leading #1 anti-virus software.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used it several years ago and it was not to impressive. And from what I read it has not improved all that much.

bigc

5. hollywoodpc

Whether you were being funny or not , you are crackin me up !

6. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i'm serious! for real! no joke! type 'india's leading anti-virus' into google. :D

7. hollywoodpc

I am still dyin over here . You ust admit , that sounds like a funny statement . You know , sarcastic . Oh but , you would not know anything about sarcasm now would you ? LOL . See ya Intox my friend !

8. wildman

:cool: Thanks folks. Was just curious, as this is the first I had heard about this one. Ran across it checking the currency of some of my favorites list an the software cites.

Thanks
    Wildman
    ;) :eek:

9. hollywoodpc

good luck Wildman !

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

ITW Detection is not too bad.

However, testing HERE was not very good and results with a much smaller, personal test-bed were no better.

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You've gotta be kiddin' me!!!!

I know for a fact that Quickheal is ultra crap - It does NOT sell much - Norton, PCC and McAfee are the big guys in India.

Even if they (i.e. the quickheal company) say Quickheal is India's no.1 from a technological standpoint - they're wrong. MicroWorld's eScan which uses the KAV engine is probably 100x better :p:)

Besides, they do not have 24-hour tech support and the support options are also limited, at least for Indians. I tried to call them once, and the phone was not picked up. Seems like its only Monday to Friday.

Why, they have a separate support section for non-India customers, there seems to be something fishy.

And even then, Quickheal demands that all virus testers have their samples provided to the company if they're to test it.

I strongly recommend that anyone interested in this product better watch its development first.

Just my few cents :)

Regards,
    Firecat

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I remember reading on one of the forums about a private tester being threatened with legal action if he continued to post his results ( very poor ) with QuickHeal :blink:

But is it true that that a future version of QH is to incorporate the F-Prot engine ? If so, its detection rate should improve.

13. Firecat

As far as I know, they dont plan to put in any separate engine for some time now. I have tried to call them twice, and I see that no one is bothered to pick the phone up anyway.

Where did you hear that? just curious :)

Regards,
    Firecat

14. Firecat

Oh god. Look at this:

http://www.quickheal.co.in/public/products/oemengine.asp

It appears they are already trying to license their engine to other companies. If this is the case, the F-Prot engine theory would probably not be possible.

I wonder who'd want to use QH engine in their AVs with engines like BD, RAV and KAV?

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Honestly? It sucks bi time. And give them samples before testing them? Yeah right. They do get VB100% awards,but that doesn't say anything about real malware detection. Sure,it can detect all ITW samples,but what about 98% of all other malware? Now thats a totally different story...

16. wildman

:eek: Oops, I didn't mean to start a war, was just curious about this one as I had never heard of it. From the replies here I don't think this will be one that I will be trying any time in the near future. This is also a good indication to delete that software cite from my favorites files as well.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cool: :D :) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.