New !! Online Armor Cloudscan

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Nizarawi, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

Welcome to Online Armor Cloudscan

Online Armor's FREE cloudscan is under 1mb (downloads in seconds) and does a quick scan of your computer to detect malware traces using a cut-down version of the signature database that is contained in Online Armor ++. This quick scan can give an indication if your computer is infected with Malware, spyware or other unwanted parasites.
    How to use it

First, click here to download it. You will receive a confirmation that the program is signed by Emsi Software (our Anti-malware partner). Then, the program will run and you will see the main screen. Click the "Start" button and the scan will commence.

How it works

The cloudscan tool contains a limited set of malware signatures, and scans for common malware. The scan is performed using these limited signatures, and then information about the files is passed to the main server for checking against the master database.

The results will be displayed usually within a minute or two. It's important to note that this is a limited tool (to keep the download small and fast) and so if malware traces are detected we recommend you then download Online Armor ++ Antivirus and Firewall
    False Positives and missed detections

The cloudscan may return false positives (detections of Viruses that have been deleted, or are incorrectly determined as viruses) due to the small signature size and limited tool functionality. A clean scan is no assurance that your computer is clean, and a detection is not 100% guaranteed that your computer is infected, rather it is a fast indication.

The worrying statistics

We keep (anonymous) statistics on how many viruses and malware items are detected by Cloudscan. On average, 50% of computers that are scanned are legitimately infected with viruses or malware. (Correct as at November 30, 2009, subject to change)

If you think you may be infected or cloudscan indicates infections, get Online Armor ++ installed and check it out.

-http://download2.emsisoft.com/malaware/oa.exe- ~ Removed Direct Link - See Online Armour Cloudscan Download page ~

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  2. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Not sure that I understand why they would announce that they have released a crippled scanner. p.s. Didn't mean to sound sarcastic there, I really don't understand the point of a limited scanner when we have full-on scanners available.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

If I am not mistaken, it seems to be the same thing as Emisoft's "MalAware".

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye thats what i noticed as well, a re-branded MalAware from the looks of it.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Then it MUST be good :D

6. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

It's clearly MalAware. Even the download link is .../malaware/oa.exe

7. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

This comes from the official website but is incorrect.

OA Cloudscan is at version 1.0.0.4 (1.24MB)
    MalAware is at version 1.0.0.5 (1.14MB)

8. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

That scan has been available for probably a year now, just that a lot of people haven,t been aware of it. Just a re-badged Emsisoft.

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It struck me to be more of a marketing tool. Try it and if it finds something you will feel compelled to try the AV. Nothing wrong with that really - I have been a licensed OA user for a few years now...:eek: :cool:

10. asanchez

asanchez Registered Member

can this Cloudscan be deploy in a intranet enviroment?

i am looking for a similar solution, any advice?
    A antivirus for online ondemand virus detection.

comes to my mind an IPS, IDS, or even a firewall...

cheers!
    Angel Sanchez

11. asanchez

asanchez Registered Member

forgot to suscribe to this post..
    sorry guys.

12. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Yes, feel free to deploy it wherever you want. But note that it requires internet access for the cloudscan part.

For professional use, I'd also recommend to use the Emsisoft Helpdesk Scanner which features a full dual-engine on demand scanner including cleaning:
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/helpdesk/

13. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Must say, been trying Emsisoft Anti-Malware for a few days now. It is impressive with both its detection capabilities (it freaking scored 100% against 743 samples collected from 2009-2010). Even when I disabled both Prevx and EAM real-time scanner, the built-in behavior blocker stopped 45 out of 56 samples.

Only drawback is its hit on computer performance. It's slightly more heavy than Avira, but not as heavy as KIS 2011.

14. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

With all the vast variety of choice available, am I understanding this "New !!" Online Armor Cloudscan is actually coming up with the radical innovation of dispensing with those vast data bases of naughty infectious material and venturing forth into the Valley of the Shadow of Death fearing no evil wearing only half a suit of armor ?

I must surely be missing something or somebody has just gotta be kidding. No doubt our vigilant posters will promptly explain the joke.

On the face of it, I don`t think the Knights of old would face their enemy wearing just the top part of their armor. Some of the bad guy`s can really kick and it would sure make the eyes water.

No, I don`t wish to know about this "New !!" malware minder, I already have a winning team.

John B :argh:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  15. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Agreed, it's pretty heavy :'(
    I wouldn't care much if it uses even 200MB of RAM if I can't feel that, in this case no matter what settings you use/turn OFF , it's still very heavy.
    Hope that will improve in near future :thumb:

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

IMO i don't feel it heavy :rolleyes:
    Anyways, every setup, PC is different so there lots of variables :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.