New Nod32 user- questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Suggers, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suggers

Suggers Guest

I've just changed to nod32 trial (and will probably keep using with paid version after expiration).
    Could anyone help with the following:

Sometimes when I first turn on computer (windows 98 SE) and windows is prompting for password to load computer, my USB modem connection attempts to dial out for nod32 (this always fails as modem is not properly loaded without putting in password and loading desktop etc) Why is nod doing this? Is it necessary or is there anyway to stop it from trying to connect to internet as soon as i log on?

Also, I've heard that Nod is 'the' best anti-virus scanner, but that it's detection of trojans is not as good as others and it is recommended you use an antitrojan with it. Is this true?
    Finally, what is the difference on the nod32 control panel between "Run nod32 on-demand scan" and the "In-depth analysis" option, is one more thorough than the other?
    Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Suggers,

Which setting do you have checked in the screenshot?
    NOD is much improved as far as trojan detection is concerned. If you want to run a dedicated anti-trojan, you can do that too. I personally don't run an anti-trojan program any longer. Layering your protection though, is never a bad idea. Just don't overdo it.

The In-depth analysis is a scan by NOD with all the scanner settings maxed out

Attached Files:

3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Hi Ronjor
    Thanks for the info, my settings are exactly the same as the screenshot with "LAN/fixed line" checked. I use a broadband DSL, but it has to dial-up each time (dynamic IP) I connect, so should I change the box to "dialup"?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.