New network detected pop up

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by skadeet, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skadeet

skadeet Registered Member

I'm going to be doing a bunch of remote installs of ESS 4.2 business edition and after the install the 'New Network Detected' pop up comes up asking for a choice of 'Strict protection' or 'Allow sharing'.
    Is there anyway to 'pre-answer' this from the remote install package?

Capture.gif

Thanks

2. dwmtractor

dwmtractor Registered Member

If your users are all on the same subnet(s), then yes. And since you describe "remote installs" I presume you're using the ESET Remote Administrator, right? What you need to do is when you create your install package in Package Manager, go to the Personal Firewall > Setup section and edit the "Rule Setup" option at the bottom of that list. In the "Zone and Rule Setup" dialog that pops up, add your IP subnet to the "Trusted Zone" setting. Save that package, and be sure that's the package you select for your remote install.

Even with this, your remote connection will be temporarily broken during the install (usually twice, in my experience); however, it will come back up with no user intervention, and you will not get that popup that's bugging you.

3. skadeet

skadeet Registered Member

Yes we're using ESET Remote Admin... thanks for the tip i'll give it a go.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.