New moderators

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mrkvonic, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I have recently noticed some new names on the site.

I was wondering:
    1. Are they old mods with new nick?
    2. New mods?

Either way, it would be nice if they could introduce themselves, a word or two.

Mrk

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean or who you are referring to. However, be aware that we will not discuss the status of individual members who may come or go from the forums for their own reasons.

If you want to know who the forum staff members are, you can find them in the Sticky: Wilders Security Forums Staff in the Announcements Forum. Also, all Moderators will have a custom title that identifies their position and a specially colored member name. If there is no moderator title on a person's account, then they are not on staff.

3. Mrkvonic

Hello,

I did not mean to discuss the status of old / new.

Only meant the following:

BlackWalrus becomes a mod.
    Drops a line in General: hi guys, I'm a new mod, beware.

BlackWalrus changes nick to FieryWombat.
    Drops a line in General: hi guys, this is Black now Fiery, still beware.

Mrk

4. LowWaterMark

I don't believe we've ever had a staff member change their forum nickname (i.e. rename their account). If they did, that could well be something worth noting, I suppose. Though since no one has done that, there are no "old mods with new nick". Of course, their title and color coding would still reflect their position, so they couldn't actually sneak up on anyone or anything like that. ;)

5. LowWaterMark

Just to speak to the "new" part of the question above, and looking back on this past year, we did add three moderators to our team during 2006...

agoretsky is an ESET support representative for NOD32, and was added as a dedicated ESET Moderator early in the year. Stem is very knowledgeable in firewall software, and was added as a Firewall Moderator a few months ago. And Menorcaman, who has been extremely helpful and active in the Acronis True Image section, was added as a Global Moderator in just these last two weeks.

I'm sure anyone who has read even a small amount in those sections will recognize their names given how active and helpful these three members have been. :cool:

6. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.