New Leak Tests Report

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Iangh, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm no expert but it appears L'n'S didn't do too well. I guess seeing the current version of LnS is a little old it cannot protect against the newer leaktests. However some would argue that its not a firewalls job to block leaktests.

3. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

No comment from Frederic means look at Comodo.

4. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Iangh :)

I'm not an expert but... what is your question? ;)

:rolleyes:

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Is LnS as bad as the test makes out, and, therefore, should one use Comodo or Jetico instead?

To LnS, or not to LnS, that is the question?

A firewall, a firewall, a firewall for my PC!

It must be Friday.

Ian

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

If you like LnS you can protect from leaktests using a HIPS
    Leaktests don´t say if a firewall is good or bad

7. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Iangh :)

Leak testing is an important part of firewall testings but not the only one.

It's true that LNS won't block some leaking but you have to take in account that this situation is not permanent. Previously the leaking tests give an higher score to LNS and this can be changed in near future...

Ref.:
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

A firewall is a part of your security programs not the only one. You may increased the level of security by adding other layers of security with HIPS such as System Safety Monitor, set your anti-virus and anti-spyware correctly and so on.

However I agree that LNS should block all leaking and , presently, failed with some of them, But I consider the other qualities of LNS and I prefer to keep it.

IMHO, LNS is the only Windows rules set firewall available (if we don't include Kerio 2.1.5 in the list) and allow more flexibility than any other firewall with built-in (and hidden) rules ...

Take an account also about the very light impact of LNS over your system performances, the 2 level of filtering, both applications and internet packets,and the support in this forum. I guess every user asking for help received, from many users (and sometimes from the developper itself), the correct answer to fix problems and have a better experience with LNS...

Did the other firewall give you a such personnal help ?

But this is my choice and my preferences.
    It's up to you to change for an other firewall to find one better for your needs.
    I hope my answer will help you to choose the best for you, LNS or any other firewall.

Best regards

:)

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

As far as firewalls go you won't find anything thats as light, stable and effective as lns. If a person is worried about leaktests then lns combined with something like ssm would work well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.