New Larger Drive Getting Old Partition Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JerryZ, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryZ

JerryZ Guest

Maybe this is a neophyte question, but I have a laptop and just purchased a 40GB drive. My old one is 20GB. I created an image to my networked PC and when I try to restore it to the new drive, it creates an 18GB partition, same as the old one. How do I create a partition using the full capacity of the new drive? My BIOS is up to date on my Dell Latitude C600.

I made sure that when I restored the image that the full partition was selected.

Thanks.
    Jerry

2. ratcheer

ratcheer Registered Member

I am interested in an answer to this, too. I would like to make a single partition of my entire hard drive and restore a full image copy to it, but I've been wondering whether TI would put the partitions back the way they were when I made the image (three partitions of 47, 8, and 15 GB).

Tim

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JerryZ and ratcheer,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You may manage the partition size when restoring the image. In particular, you may increase the size of the resulting partition when you restore it providing you have enough space on your destination drive. Please refer to page 34 (point 5.7) of the User's Guide for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. ratcheer

ratcheer Registered Member

Thank you.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.