new laptop

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Griogair, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griogair

Griogair Registered Member

the time has come for me to face facts...my laptop is definetily on its last legs :'(

i just bought it a new hard drive as it was overheating with the old one and crashing....now with the new one im having bother with the graphics driver...and its now running slower than ever (typing words in google...having to wait up to 15-20 secs before there on screen)

it was pretty good spec for 2 yrs ago aswell...

-2.8 ghz pentium 4
    -512mb ddr-ram
    -64 mb-ddr ati graphics card

but i think to be honest the insulation protecting internals is prob fried and processor may even be heat damaged. :eek:

basicly im thinking bout checking my home insurance details... *sips coffee from cup procariously sitting on wobbily shelf above laptop* :rolleyes:

im kinda looking for sugestions bout wheres maybe the best place to look for a new one.

im big into audio...and am getting more and more into production....so apart from at least equal spec it would prob be a good idea to have a good soundcard etc.

absolutely any sugestions welcome although (being at uni) mite be nice if cost was kept in mind...incase the insurance thing isnt feasable

thanks a million to anyone who can help :)

2. Bugz

Bugz Registered Member

...i m not sure if this help or not...but about 2 months ago i got my very first laptop, its a Pentium Centrino 1.7Ghz and i m very happy with it, runs very quiet, unless u're playing games or movies all day ;)
    So maybe thats something u can take a look at

cheers

3. Arup

Arup Guest

HP makes a nice 64bit AMD dual core model, in fact they are the only one currently making a 64bit laptop, SONY VAIO is the best if you are looking for a Intel based CPU.

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

Dell makes good laptops but I would stay away from the desktops they offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.