New Kerio firewall not mentioned on site

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Nought, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nought

Nought Guest

Kerio has a new firewall available, version 4.0.x, from their site. It is not mentioned on wilders.org and I'm just curious as to why not.

Personally I don't think higly of the new firewall, but it should be mentioned nevertheless.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nought,

We are kind of picky ;) - you'll notice many more software firewalls not mentioned/reviewed. There are good reasons for not mentioning v4 right now; have a look at this thread - performing a search over on this board most probably pops up sortalike comments.

regards.

paul

3. Nought

Nought Guest

Just found that one. Thank you for the answer, but since 2.15 is mentioned it might be confusing for visitors if they go to the Kerio site and see an entirely different version. Perhaps a small note added to the Kerio 2.x recommendation could explain why version 4 isn't recommended/mentioned?

4. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

I've been a fan of Kerio 2x with its simple powerful interface, but I would rather run ZA Free before I run Kerio(ZArio) 4.0 again at the rate they are going. Its very buggy, and the programmers have shown they have no idea what they are doing from the quality of all their releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.