new installation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by godawgs, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godawgs

godawgs Guest

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster, but I haven'tinstalled yet. I was looking for a tutorial or something to help with setting up and running the program. My biggest question right now is: I have windows XP with two accounts. One is my administrator's account and the other is my wife's user account. Once SpywareBlaster is installed, do I need to run it from both accounts to do th set up and activation or can both accounts be accitivated and set up from th administrator's account. I hope that made sense!
    Thanks..

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

The installation is very simple. You do not need to use both accounts, because SpywareBlaster puts "kill-bits" in the registry that prevents spyware from being installed from the get go, so there is no need to use seperate accounts. Basically, when installing, keep clicking "Next" until the "finish" button comes up and then you are done. Then run an update, and enable all protection and you are done. :D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

snowbound

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

There are 3 areas of protection that SB provides. First you have the Active X protection and this covers all users. Then you have cookie protection and restricted sites, and for these 2 you must run SB for each user and enable protection.

HTH ;) ...

5. godawgs

godawgs Guest

Thanks everyone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.