new installation of TrueImage workstation, backup server and group agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ramms, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramms

ramms Registered Member

I downloaded the trial of TI workstation today and i am trying to get it configured on my windows 2003 domain. I have (at this point) one workstation install with TI work station and i have the backup server and group management installed on our backup NAS. i also installed the management console on another server. the problem arises when i try to manage the 1 remote computer with the management console. when i try to connect to the workstation using the group management plugin it ask for the credentials and i supply the domain admin user name and password. when i click test connection it returns an error. also when i try to set the credentials in task management i get "please specify correct information to log into remote computer." i have tried using the DOMAIN/USER NAME format for the user name and i have tried it without the domain name listed. I am not sure why it will not connect. the user name and password are correct and i have verified they are. there are also no errors in the logs.

any ideas?
    thanks
    rb

2. Mhergt

Mhergt Registered Member

hi there,

i got the Same Problem here.
    half of my Server can get a Conection via Group Server automaticly, the Others get:

"please specify correct information to log into remote computer"

the user Account, the Groupserver works with, is domain Admin, and local Admin on all servers...

3. Mhergt

Mhergt Registered Member

addionally i get these eventlog Error on the Group Server:

The description for Event ID ( 9 ) in Source ( Acronis Group Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Firebird-Datenbankfehler: Can't convert C++ to Firebird XSQLVAR variable. Firebird variable name is "", type code is 0. C++ variable type is "class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >". Erroneous value is "<separator type='gradient'/><bold>Gruppen-Task</bold><endl/><bold>Erstelle vollständige Backup-Archive</bold><endl/><tabpoint value=30><indent value=4>Task-Name: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">Tägliches Vollbackup</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>von: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">C:, D:</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>In Datei: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">"\\carexpert.de\dfs\DFSAcronis01\Backup2.carexpert.de.tib"</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>Komprimierung: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">Maximum</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/></indent><endl/>Operation 2 von 2<endl/><tabpoint value=30><bold>Volume-Abbild erstellen<endl/></bold><indent value=4>Festplatte: <indent value=10>2, 1</indent><indent value=4><endl/>Laufwerksbuchstabe: <indent value=10>D:</indent><indent value=4><endl/>Datenträgerbezeichnung: <indent value=10>Buffer</indent><indent value=4><endl/>Größe: <indent value=10>97,66 GB</indent><in". (0x2A0009)
    Param1 = "F"
    Tag = 0xB8BB41F99526B234.

4. Mhergt

Mhergt Registered Member

yesterday i made a Support call via www.acronis.com, but didn't get any Feedback...no Email, no Support Number...nothing....

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ramms,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installing components (including Acronis Agents), as they need to be the same build to interact properly.

Please make sure that if the remote computer (the one you are trying to connect to) runs Windows XP, the option Control panel -> Folder options -> View -> Use simple file sharing is disabled on that computer.
    If the remote computer runs Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows 2003 Server, the option Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> File and Printer Sharing is enabled on that computer.

Please try specifying the user name in the form of SERVER\USER or DOMAIN\USER.

Please make sure the user account an Acronis True Image Agent is installed from has Administrator Group or Backup Server Group rights. The passwords for this account and for respective account with installed Acronis Management Console shouldn't be blank both before and after installation.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mhergt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installing components (including Acronis Agents), as they need to be the same build to interact properly.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.