new install and BIG problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bossng, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bossng

bossng Registered Member

after clean install of operating system

window xp and updated to sp3 install nod32

now getting eset popups/notifications of "win32/ Virut.NBP virus" threats

and mix of "error while cleaning" (mostly) and quarantine info.

also started getting poppups from "windows file protection"

saying files that windows needs have been replaced by unknown files. then asks me to insert sp3 update discs(which i don't have, does anyone?)

my "number of blocked attacks" is 3500 and rising.

doing a scan with nod 32 shows currently 59% and has 275 infiltrations.

how is this possibleo_O something is wrong?

help!!!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When cleaning an already infected system, you'll need to boot up from a clean media and perform a full disk scan with cleaning. When done, run "sfc /scannow" so that the system replaces corrupted files if there are any.

3. bossng

bossng Registered Member

that's what confuses me. this is a clean install with a new operating system.

how can it be infected so thoroughly?

i have just done a complete restore to factory default and stayed off the internet until installing all service packs and nod32.

thanks by the way.

4. bossng

bossng Registered Member

i have turned off real time file protection but it is still giving me poppups with threats and info on the cleaning.

number of attacks blocked is now over 5000 now 5913

number of infiltrations is over 2000

here's one line from the quarantine list

c:/windows/system32/svchost.exe size= 31232 reason=win32/virut.nbp virus cound= 784

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. vizhip

vizhip Registered Member

If you have a static IP address from your ISP, you could be on a hackers attack list and thus each time you attach your system to the internet, it comes under immediate attack...

There are a few ways to thwart that... one... shutdown the modem while you rebuild your system and after 2 or 3 days (whatever the lease on an IP address is for your ISP) restart the modem... but before you hook up your computer to the internet, make sure ESET is installed and a good firewall as well...

You also want to make sure all your security is in place before you load up any of your other software or replace any of the files you may have saved off, just in case they are infected as well...

Best of luck...

Regards -
    -Bob

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

7. a_kerbouchard

a_kerbouchard Registered Member

Yep many years back I had to disconnect my computer from the internet put a firewall on, and antivirus before I connected to the internet after rebuilding my computer or I would get infected immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.