New Image - Same Old Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve1947, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

o_O I am amazed that Acronis would release an incremental update that addresses rather trivial problems and features and ignore a fundemental flaw in their software - INTEGRITY.

Has Acronis ever polled their user population to determine the magnitude of the corrupted image problem?

Any potential new customer should take the time to search this forum for the keyword "corrupted" and then make an educated decision before buying this product.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I've created and successfully restored numerous images to/from hard drives and DVD and have only ever had one failure (due to poor quality DVD media). So here's one user who doesn't support your point of view.

Regards

3. rrockingb

rrockingb Registered Member

I use this program almost everyday here at my home/office as well as it is used by my customers. And I honestly can say I have had only one time that I had problem but it was corrected by replacing the drive on this particular computer.

Doing a search for "corrupted" will yield the threads that people have posted that have problems but then that is what this forum really is for to solve problems not to praise it.

Just a thought....

Perhaps there are other problems or conflicts(software,hardware etc.) on your computer that create this problem for you. It just may be you are looking in the wrong place for the answer as it may be closer to home.

4. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

I would be more than happy to work with the Acronis Support group to resolve my problem. To date the only suggestion(s) has been to check my memory?, confirm the operation of my external harddrive, and suggest that I try the latest image, which I have done three times.

I would suggest that Acronis post a link on their support site that addresses this problem and target a date for resolution. In the interim I would suggest that they improve the error logic so that when a "corrupted image" problem occurs they would give the user an indication of the file in error. This would provide some measure of backup on an individual file basis.

It is amazing how this forum acts as an apologist for Acronis.

5. rrockingb

rrockingb Registered Member

Steve,

I am sorry you took my post "as an apologist for Acronis" that was not my intension in posting. I was Just showing the other side of the coin so to speak as I have been using TI since version 6.

I am not associated with Acronis in any way other then being a user of their software and joined this forum on 12/9/2004. If I had know you only wanted agreement with your views I would not have post in this thread.

Good luck with your problem

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

It's part of human nature to think that their particular experience is typical and even represents a great truth. Finding some others with the same experience is all the confirmation that they need. Perhaps Googling for this type of problem would be a more accurate representation of how prevalent it is in the "real world".

7. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

If the product isn't working for you, then obviously that's not good - for anybody, and I think that constructive critiscism can only help to make the product better and make everybody happier.

However...
    "Apologist", one definition is :
    'A person who argues in defence or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.'

I have used TI since version 1.0 on various platforms and have never had any significant problems with it. If you find it 'amazing that I should seek to justify' (my delight in a fine product) then it would seem that you are someone who is not interested in listening, but in talking. If that is true then I suggest that forums such as this are not for you. You are clearly not interested in what is happening in the big picture of the real world, only what is happening for you.

Send yourself an email instead.

8. Have any of you who say you have made successful restores from images done yor "C" drive? i ask because I just purchased tjis BU program and have tried for 2 days to try to successfully restore an image of my old boot drive to my new larger boot drive in the SAME machine. I make the back up, have the custom made boot CD and then shut down. Disconnect the old "C" drive and connect the new supposedly "C" drive. Power up and boot. Where windows should start I get the error "...missing NETLDR.." and am told to press control-alt-delete to reboot? I've used an older direv to see if my new drive had a problem and the same error occurrs. I upgraded Acronis to the latest version as well. Any ideas? I read of someone using the windows boot CD and the repair consol to fix the problem, This does not work for me either.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    PS support has told me to use the windows migration utilitlies first on my old drive then copy it. But that would defete much of the purpose of having a back up IF it works. I am not that trusting as so far the software has NOT parformed for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.