New IE7 + NOD32 2.7 issue...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by VietNinjaXTC, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VietNinjaXTC

VietNinjaXTC Registered Member

I've searched the boards...and I haven't come across a NOD32 + IE issue like mine. The problem I'm having isn't that IE7 crashes when I open it or try to use it...but it hangs. It only hangs when I enter a URL into the address bar and then hit ENTER. If I type a partial address and select it from the drop down menu that appears (my history) and hit ENTER, then the page loads just fine. When I enter a search term into the Quick Search field and hit ENTER, it loads just fine. When it hangs...it hangs for about 10 seconds and I can't do anything with IE or any other programs.

The problem does not occur with Firefox. I've narrowed it down to NOD32 because when the program is uninstalled, IE works fine. After it's installed...the issue comes back. I have the trial version of NOD32...want to get this cleared up before I upgrade to full.

Please help!!!

My system:
    Intel T2400 1.83Ghz
    2MB RAM
    XP SP2 Pro
    IE7
    Firefox 2.0 (newest...)
    NOD32 2.7 Trial
    ...let me know if you need any other specs

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I find IE& a bit slow - but nod seems to cause no extra problem to me - but opera iss my browser of choice ....

Have you tried imon - setup - uncheck http - does that make a differenc?

I have no ie exclusions only outpost and sc101

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Could the problem stem from Automatic website checking being on in the phishing filter?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi Jeff and Welcome to Wilders .

Have a look at this post and perform the suggestions there . Also make sure your Windows and Internet Explorer 7 is up-tp-date

5. VietNinjaXTC

starfish - i have tried unchecking http in the IMON setup. I've also tried unloading IMON all together...both to not avail.

Hammer - I suspected that IE7's phishing filter was causing the slow loading of pages...but even when I turn off the filter, the problem was still there.

HiTech_boy - thanks, that page was actually one of the ones I came across when I was searching before I posted...I've performed all those and still no fix =[

You guys seems like you know what you're talking about...any other suggestions? I'll try to narrow down some more symptoms...

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , what about if you repair Winsock and unload IMON - still problem ?

Only Internet Explorer ?

I can't think of something else that I can help with the forum so why don't you get back to Internet Explorer 6 and use it along with Firefox 2 . Well , I mean that it may be something in IE7 , let's not forget that it is still very new version (in comparioson IE6 was first released in 2001 , IE7 is from late 2006) . Firefox is really secure , IE6 is still supported by Microsoft. ;)

7. 5150

5150 Registered Member

8. VietNinjaXTC

I've installed that update and even turned off Automatic Phishing Filter...but it still does not resolve the issue.

9. VietNinjaXTC

I'll try going back to IE6...I think I've done that before (ie uninstall IE7) and the issue was still there. I might try an older version of NOD32...but I read in one of the threads that came up in my search that soon all version of NOD32 will auto update to 2.7??

I think it may be a software conflict with something else I'm running. I have a VAIO SZ160P lappy. When the internet hangs, most of the processes that jump to the top of the CPU/MEM list are associated with Intel ProSet Wireless software. I've looked in that direction and can't find any updates or anything from Intel...they might as well be Microsoft.

I was using Sygate Personal Firewall (yea...old)...but I just switched to Outpost Firewall Pro and it seems to be working great...from what I can tell (haven't played with it too much).

I'll see what else I can come up with....

Thanks for all the input guys! Keep the ideas coming!

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , all versions will update to 2.7 very soon .
    But there is nothing different in olderer versions (NOD32 v2) which may be problematic for you in 2.7 and not problematic in 2.5 , for example :)

Can be . Try to get back to IE6 , reinstall NOD32 and see how it is working that way . Then if this can't help , send a log file of HijackThis as well as Windows System Information file (from Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information) to ESET Tech Support (mail support@eset.com) and ask them for help :)

You are welcome ! :thumb:

11. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Did you have any other anti-virus software on your computer before installing NOD32? If so, what was it?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12. VietNinjaXTC

^^ yes I had Norton Internet Security 2006 which was removed using the Norton Removal Tool.

13. apm

apm Registered Member

I experience IE7 stop response too, for short time while loading. My system is clean with Nod32 installed, no other AV before, then update to IE7, Phishing Filter off, Windows & IE7 both updated from MS. Nod32 with EMON off, Imoh with POP3 only, no HTTP scan. Don't know its IE7 problem or Nod32+IE7, since IE6+Nod32 no problem, and no other AV or browser on this system before. Nod32 is updated.

14. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

i'm using IE7 phishing filter enabled with NOD32 2.7 and AVG Anti-spy. Using Blackspears settings for NOD and realtime protection enabled for AVG with no issues whatsoever. o_O

15. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you start Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 without add-ons (right-click on the Internet Explorer icon your Desktop to select this option from the popup context menu) and then browse the web as your normally do, does the problem still occur?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

16. apm

apm Registered Member

Start w/o add-ons the pages I nornally go to can't be displayed (java applet), it seems to load faster.

17. VietNinjaXTC

I tried starting IE without add-ons and the problem is still there.

What are Blackspear's settings?

18. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The settings that are found in this NOD32 Tutorial

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.