NEW Free Compusec 5

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by testsoso, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

It encrypt your whole disk, includ the system partition, with AES 256, no one can use your information on your HD, without your password.

Does anyone tried this?

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your post. After seeing your post, and not being familar with the product, I decided to install it yesterday. I have a 300 gb drive and it took seven hours to encrypt. For me that was too long. But it was successful at doing what it promises. I do not have a need for it though. I found it to be operationally slow, and resource consuming. I uninstalled it shorty after installation because it was too heavy and not really needed. What kind of enviroment are you in that you need this kind of encryption? Perhaps there is a better setup for you that I can find if you need it. But I cannot recommend this product.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

A better solution may be Whole Disk Encryption from PGP Corporation. It is relatively transparent, and uses a boot-loader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.