New free AV - can someone test this?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pigman, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Well, I just found a new free AV called Escorcher, at the website www.escorcher.com. Could be good; however, I'm inclined to think it's somewhat less than good, judging from the too-good-to-be-true promises the sight makes about it, and the fact that it seems to have no heuristics at all. (The sight doesn't mention any kind of generic detection, but I don't really know, since I haven't downloaded it.) I, personally, am inclined not to test it, due to my relatively limited knowledge of computers and my outdated IBM.

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

saw the site and my enthusiasm died on the spot. the latest news in this site dates back to November 2002. yeah no mention of heuristics and they were explaining the on-access scanner like some new technology. also no mention of Bobax or Sasser in the new updates. i didn't like that security bit during download.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I read the "privacy policy..." - it's adware.

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

sounds just like it. thank God i hated that security bit.

5. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Darn. I thought it might turn out like that.

Last edited: May 21, 2004
  6. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

just been intouch with them, damn what pigs. no offence pigman, they were rude, obnoxious, and talking down to me, god id love to meet that man on a dark ally way. my advice dont even consider these cowboys. they will lie and decieve you just to put a piece of adware onto your machines. :mad:

7. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Flee from it.

:D

8. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Don't worry about offending me, Bob Man UK. My username is a joke. I'm not really a big fan of pigs.

And yeah, I will flee from this adware crap.

9. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

thanks pigman, anyway I was right up to here with them yesterday, spread the word scorcher or whatever the name is, are a bad comapny dont ever use them no matter how tempted you are, talk to me first ill sort you out with some freebies that arent adware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.