New format is not remembering my login

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by bellgamin, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I have to login now every time I visit. Old format remembered me just fine but not this one.

QUESTION: Am I the only one with this problem?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

bellgamin, I don't think it's a problem, more like a security feature. I too have to log in every time, however, my browser remembers the used credentials. Just FYI.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

It is the magic wand in Opera, that remembers my login for Wilders site. ;)

4. bellgamin

Let Firefox remember passwords? I think not, grasshopper. My Firefox repository of PWs was penetrated in the past, causing me a _load of inconvenience.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

This happened to me a couple of times but hasn't happened since. Maxthon Windows/Android and Dolphin just open to me signed in. I have noticed little glitches though. I couldn't kill the email alert, even though I'd unchecked the correct box. Someone's been feeding the gremlins after midnight if you ask me.

6. Empath

Empath Registered Member

It was happening to me, until I noticed there is an additional cookie (or different one) that is being set. Since new cookies disappear when I close my browser, unless I tag them as protected, my logged on status wasn't surviving between sessions. I tagged them as protected, and now I remain logged in.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Sensei, if I can not trust Wilders, then who. ;)

8. bellgamin

Problem is fixed. My login is now remembered. I have no idea what got fixed. :oops:

Now... if only the avatars on this forum were once again 50X50, so I wouldn't have to see their individual pixels.

@JR: remember, grasshopper, I alone can hear the faint sound of 1-hand clapping. Be thou in awe when in my presence. :ninja:

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Well Sensei, only the Almighty deserves that veneration... you're only one level down, so respect is all you get. ;) :D

10. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oh ... just happened again on my notebook! :mad:

11. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

also using Opera and the wand and are having the same issue - I allow Wilders cookie, test it a few times, then change the settings to delete "new" cookies (only - ie the wilders cookie should stay) and after a few more logins the forum has dropped me. I think it might be a problem in the wand as the cookie is deleted there despite the original save :(

empath - how did you protect your cookie? When I open the cookie management console in opera under preferences, I can see two wilders cookies in there and opening edit shows me an empty box called secure. However I cannot change this to yes or type anything in there.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  12. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have the same problem. I use Vanilla Cookie Manager, but the domain *.wilderssecurity.com is on my whitelist and it is set to delete cookies after 5 minutes and I am logged in even after hours, but then I am suddenly not. When I click on "clear unwanted cookies" and close the browser, clean the cache, use CCleaner, then reopen the Wilders I am still logged in. It just happens randomly. But I suspect, that Alerts feature has something to do with it, no alerts, no logging out. But once happened, that I was logged out, so I left, then I came back later and I was logged in. :eek:

EDIT: Just made a comment and I wanted to delete it ASAP and here is, what I have got, it says to log in, even though I still am. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  13. Empath

Empath Registered Member

I use CookieKeeper addon for Firefox. It deletes all cookies, except those I've protected, when I close my browser.

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

OMG!
    Gone a couple of months and the entire forum format is been stripped out and a new make over in it's place o_O

I'll get used to it though. Especially the neat emotiocons :p

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

16. TairikuOkami

I have solved my problem. Every time the Alert appears, I am logged out, so I quit the browser, clean the cache and then I am logged in again. :D

17. TairikuOkami

OK, just reporting back again about this issue, I do not need to the clean cache actually, all I need is to quit the browser and start it again.
    Then I confirm the certificate and I am back in the game. If I would set the certificate as trusted, it might fix it, but I would prefer not to.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.