New Firewall ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lrtrees, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrtrees

lrtrees Registered Member

I am currently using McAfee virusscan enterprise 8.0i. I am looking for agood firewall application to go with it. I ahve been trying McAfee Desktop Firewall, but am not sure how good it is.
    Any thoughts that might help me out here. I am running XP Pro sp2 and just using dial-up internet.

Thanks,
    Lon

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am useing the mcafee desktop firewall and am very happy with it. It seems to work just fine. I am useing it with a router and they work well together. Also am running xp pro sp2

bigc

3. lrtrees

Thanks for the reply. Are you also using virusscan enterprise 8.0i? It seems to be a pretty good application.
    The firewall application seems to be pretty easy to set-up and use and for that reason I would like to stick with it as long as it is doing a good job. No big deal, but XP Pro sp2 does not seem to recognise it in its security center.

Thanks again,
    Lon

4. bigc73542

I was useing ver 8 but I didn't like it so I installed mcafee virusscan 7.03.6000 I like it much better. The firewall has worked so well I almost forget it is there unless it gives an alert for something.

5. lrtrees

Sorry, I am getting off the original subject now and will not keep this going in this form, but I do have another question on your virusscan. Is 7.03.0006 the regular McAfee virusscan application? And what was it that you did not like about 8.0i?

Thanks again for your help,
    Lon

6. bigc73542

not as many configuration settings, 7.03.6000 is very configurable. And I like to manually update at the nai site and ver.8 won't

7. lrtrees

Sorry, but two more questions if I might. I used the search function and could not find the answers. First question, what part of McAfees product is version 7.03.6000? Is it a home or business version? And what is the nai site you referred to?

Thanks,
    Lon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.