New firewall rules in Windows 8

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by alehof, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alehof

alehof Registered Member

Hello Community,

one question regarding Eset Smart Security 6 and the New Windows UI Apps in Windows 8 (App Mode)

How does it works with the interactive mode from Eset Smart Security for new rules? Is there a pop up or anything else?

Or works the firewall only for applications from the regular desktop?

Thanks for your feedback
    alehof

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

On a system running Microsoft Windows 8 Pro x64 and ESET Smart Security v5.2.9.1, I attempted to download the EICAR.COM test file using the Modern Windows 8 version of Internet Explorer 10. The EICAR test file was blocked from downloading, but I did not see a pop up from ESET Smart Security. There was an entry in the log file noting that the file had been blocked.

When repeating the test on the desktop using the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10, the EICAR test file was again blocked from downloading, and I saw a notification message pop up from ESET Smart Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.