New firewall leak tests.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by notageek, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Ok Let chat about this new firewall leak tests. (Sorry if this has been posted someone where else. I didn't see it posted yet. http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

OK My friend went thorugh and found this and she got worried becuase she's using Sygate firewall and she got really worred that she's not protect. I told her if use Process gaurd free and don't allow programs to run that she don't know what they are she should be fine. I'm using Sygate but might be switching to LNS.

I would like to know what everyone else thinks about this new leak tests and if they use other security apps to aid with the firewalls they use?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Kerio 2.15 behind a router here. Works well with XP Home.

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Jetico Personal Firewall has done real well , considering its a beta and their first attempt at a software firewall.

4. SirDracula

SirDracula Registered Member

Does anyone actually use Jetico? I wonder what the price will be ... Jetico has been in beta for a long long time ...

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I used it for several months and helped them with many bug reports and suggestions, but I stopped using it because the interface seems overly complicated and I have some doubts about whether it's blocking all incoming packets to listening ports.

When a TCP packet comes in to a port with an app listening, JPF seems to allow the packet in to the Operating System with a resulting outbound RST ACK which gets blocked by stateful inspection. But to my mind, the inbound packet should never reach the OS at all if I don't allow it. I argued with them for a while but couldn't convince them about this. Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know, but I doubt it.

Anyway, it has been in beta for quite a while, yes.. Don't know when they'll finalize it, or what the price will be, if any..

6. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

7. ws123

ws123 Guest

i´m surprised about the bad results of Kaspersky antihacker 1.5.119.

is there any update after nearly one year to be expected?

could it be that kaspersky is using an old outpost-"engine".
    if the answer is yes, we could expect an update soon because outpost 2.5 came out?!?

8. StephB

StephB Registered Member

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

KAH was not too good anyway from users perspective. Happened too many times that KAH simply terminated all connections(blocked all trafic) on random occasions, blocking ports even if i gave full access to specific program, Stealth mode didn't work even if you checked the box (ICMP Ping Reply packets passed by)... But i liked low memory usage. Too bad other things weren't so good.

10. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Quote from Igor :

in this thread :

KAH Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.